Any good internet cafe's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good internet cafe's?

In Michigan preferably, and close to the 48310 area code or Sterling Heights city If you know of one, I would love to go to one. I plan on starting one of my own and need to know how things are run or how to start

MGM out

I had breakfast once in a very good internet cafe in Japan, but i think you cannot go there
    The price of freedom is eternal vigilance!
    - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

lmao, yea, that won't help. could you by any chance tell me what made the internet cafe good? I need some ideas to make this successful

MGM out

Comment

Well it's been a long time ago, but i try

At first it was comfortable. Not that small but also not one of the biggest.
        Nice personal and such is obvious.

I liked the idea of different places. Spek there were tables at the walls for one or two persons, but in the middle there were round tables were you could be together with your friends.

A nice feature was a menue on each PC to send a request to the waiters. I don't know but i think i clicked on bring me another cup of coffe for about 5 times ^^
        The price of freedom is eternal vigilance!
        - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

lol, alright thanks for the ideas man... there aren't many good internet cafes anywhere in Michigan from what ive seen, so i might actually go through with this

MGM out

Comment

Home for me is Troy, and I can tell you, there are almost zero internet cafes in Oakland County. If you were to open one up in Birmingham or Troy (even Royal Oak, for that matter) You may get a decent amount of business. The only problem is lots of people in that area have their own computers already and may just want a wireless access point to connect to while drinking coffee.

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
            http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment

That's fine by me. I plan on putting in around 30-50 pc's with all of the latest games for those people who dont wanna spend money on buying the games to play online.

I'm planning on doing it on 19 mile and Mound, somewhere near AMC 30, cause that place gets a ****load of people on nights

MGM out

Comment

Two random entries from Steam's listing. Second one seems like it may be close.

• Big Rapids

• Area 51 Internet Gaming Center ( (231) 796-2548
                  605 N State St.
                  Big Rapids, MI

Clinton Township
                • ConneXion Gaming ( (586) 954-2773
                  44319 Macomb Industrial Drive
                  Clinton Township, MI

Comment

oooh, thanks for the tips man... ill have to check those out

MGM out

Comment

I havent been that far into Sterling Heights for a while, good luck with that. If I can move back home I'll definitely look into it.

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
                    http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment

Well here in Glasgow weve had 2-3 big companys try in the City center. Though 2 of whom were over-charged and aimed at newbs wanting email / net access.

As far as I know we have 1 main cafe , which used to be owned byt he Easy group and had great facilitys, 1 for 2 hours / 1 to burn a disc / 2.50 to burn a disc including disc / 1 per cd upload (i.e install games etc)

Its now under new management, with al cd-rw and upload equipment removed and now its 3 per hour for www and email nowt else

Internet cafes suck here, they open as either access points for folk wanting email or www and over no service for Lan / Net play .. pretty much no gamin 24/7 and the net etc u can access is filtered by things like web sense and so forth.

Also most net cafes here are joint ventures where by a Costa / Starbucks etc pays like 50% and sells there coffees etc while the fromt he pcs etc goes to the cafe owner

Comment

I've been to an internet cafe only 2 times. Once in Turkey and once in Italy several months ago.

The one in turkey was somewhat strange.. They had like 10 PCs but only 3 worked and they where full of useless software. All 10 (or three ) shared one ISDN connection which made surfing unbelievable slow. I can't remember how much I payed for it but I think even 1 Euro was too much

The one in Italy was really nice. It was a real cafe in the center of Garda (at the Lake Garda ) and I really enjoyed my stay. It was pretty small but they had 4 really fast computer with a fast connection. 2 with Windows, 1 with Mac OS and one running Linux. It was 2 EUR for 1 hour. I payed 5 EUR for three hours and got a cup of coffee for free
                        That's the end of that!

Comment

Welll.... here's my plan, let me know what you guys think:

About 30-50 computers hooked up wirelessly on a T3 line. All will include about 20 of the latest games (doom 3, half life, counter strike, etc.) for net play, and will include CD/DVD burners.

We'll have an area for food and drinks, and desks for people with laptops. The 30-50 pc's would be set up in cubicles (so you can't see another person's monitor).

My mom says we charge about $10 for entrance and you can stay as long as you want, but my friends say charge $5 an hour or something and find some way to keep track how many hours a person has left.

Burning a CD would cost a buck, burning DVD's a little more, and file hosting (in which we host something for you to d/l later) would also cost some. I haven't decided on the final prices yet.

I also plan on having a small pc-repair/building shop in which we build uber-gaming machines for anyone who wants one and also repair pc's for people with problems.

Whadya think?

MGM out

Comment

Just a quick question: Where do you get the money from? 30-50 computers are expensive. The office (or the cafe) is expensive, the T3 is expensive..
                            That's the end of that!

Comment

I do not suggest wireless as anyone around you could get on, not to mention their speeds are always not the best, for a LAN gaming and even internet youd be much better off with a real router and a wired connection.

MrNase i am gessuing his parrents have good credit who can afford to open a small business, which there is alot of goverment grants around for people to open them.

I would suggest a small cover charge (which includes the first hour) plus an hourly rate of around the same there after. But they need to pay for their first hour

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X