No announcement yet.

what's next with vbulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The development of Bulletin board systems should be interesting... I wonder what (now important) features will be deemed obsolete because of a new type.

That goes for everything by the way
    A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Comment

Originally posted by rin
      and, are these new scripts free to full licensed customers like me?
      Not necessarily... There may be some that are free and some that aren't. It would have to be determined for each individual additional script, the time devoted to it, the functionality and the benefit to the end user.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I hope these 'addon scripts' will be a pay-once type thing. I wouldn't want to update a yearly 'member area' on top of my vB yearly payment.

Comment

It would be nice if Jelsoft allowed people to use the addons on mutiple vBulletin installations so long as they own the licenses to those installations.

Comment

I suggest you guys put your heads together and write up a nice suggestion that might work for both Jelsoft and its customers, I am sure a good suggestion will be taken under consideration while setting this up :-)

Comment

One thing that worries me, is that the development cycle of vBulletin as it stands is pretty slow. More products, will mean more support, more maintenance, and more work . Should be interesting to see how this one spans out and the business decisions that are made.
              Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Well then, it's settled. Kier can no longer get any sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Chroder
                  Well then, it's settled. Kier can no longer get any sleep.
                  If Kier stays awake more then he does now, he is the living dead

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                    If Kier stays awake more then he does now, he is the living dead
                    Isn't he already

Can't wait for new products! I think it is about time for Jelsoft to expand to new markets and appeal to a wider audience

MGM out

Comment

Please--no one mention vBulletin 4.0.0 again for the next year or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew111888
                        Please--no one mention vBulletin 4.0.0 again for the next year or so.
                        Year!? I'd like to say 2-3 years

MGM out

Comment

I'd like a vCoffeeMaker please. Too lazy to go to the kitchen. Thank you.
                          Chamber of Secrets - The Ultimate Harry Potter Community!

Comment

I don't see what they could add to vBulletin.

I mean there is being able to choose what HTML tags are active, but that is about it.

Comment

There are thousands of things that can be added to vBulletin. Here are the ones that I want added:
                              • A persistant forum marking system.
                              • Inline moderation
                              • Easier to reach IP info with more IP info

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                                I suggest you guys put your heads together and write up a nice suggestion that might work for both Jelsoft and its customers, I am sure a good suggestion will be taken under consideration while setting this up :-)
                                I suggest that something like the bug tracker could go a couple ways
                                1. Intergrate it into the forums where the admin can choose to activate it then when bugs show up on X forum and reported to X forum Jelsoft will be notified by it either by an e-mail, or when submit is pressed it double posts it to the Jelsoft forums, and when the bug report has replies or updated, when someone views the bug on X forum it will query Jelsoft to get an update. Upon the bug being closed, the Query request will not happen as more from X site. This would of course make it a free add-on
                                2. Have it as a add-on script for tracking bugs within a sites forums. This would allow the administrator to use the bug tracker to monitor if installed hacks are being problematic, track template changes, etc. This would make it a paid add-on maybe one time and then upgraded free with the annual $30 renewal fee

Ok I was going to give a suggestion on how pay once and use it on multiple sites, but not sure how to do that (lost the thought).

When Jelsoft releases the Bug Tracker, what is it going to be geared for? forum bug tracking within a site? or more general stuff (ah right you could use it for anything).

I get it now, it would be excellent as a product to track many different things. software development, etc. hmmm now I am not sure how it's going to work.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X