Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    http://www.fentek-ind.com/modular.htm

Leave a comment:

• WizyWyg
    replied
    Originally posted by Kamex
    When it comes to stuff that's actually of use, such as left handed keyboards (for games with little or no configurable controls), and left handed slanted mice with extra buttons, you cannot find them anywhere. It doesn't seem to make any sense at all.

In most games, because of the lack of a decent keyboard, I have to use ijkl instead of wasd. I have to delete ALL of the default controls with every game I get, and make completely new ones from scratch, which is a lot of work on a new game, and an annoyance on a familiar one.

MY BIGGEST GRIPE!!!
    Its so freaking irritating!

It creates confusion at lan parties. I am a big burden to my friends when they're planning on seating arrangements, because I can't be placed to the right of any right-hander. My controls are all different, so, for example, when I ask how to drop a weapon, they'll tell me "X". I'll explain to them that my controls are different and I need a console command, they simply repeat "X!!!!!!". Finally, one of them will step up to my keyboard and press it for me, and realizing their mistake, they finally give me what I need. This has happened so many times that I am beginning to question their intellegence.
    Too bad that many are forced to use the default settings that there isn't a "big market" to start making keyboards for those who want it the other way around. (money making that is)

Leave a comment:

• WizyWyg
    replied
    Originally posted by Dean C
    He means ambidextrous, can operate equally with both hands
    "She" means ambidextrous. Born Left handed, turned right handed (that means forced to write with the right hand) in Preschool (for some stupid reason). But then "relearned" how to do things with my left hand as well in High school (due to a broken arm)

Leave a comment:

• Kamex
    replied
    Well, I'm left-handed, PURE left handed, and it sucks. There seems to be an awful lot of useless stuff for left-handers, like left handed notebooks (who the hell needs the rings on the other side?), left handed scissors (right-handed ones work perfectly with either hand for me), and left handed mouse configuration (if you're born left handed, why would you need to switch left and right mouse button functions to avoid confusion?)

When it comes to stuff that's actually of use, such as left handed keyboards (for games with little or no configurable controls), and left handed slanted mice with extra buttons, you cannot find them anywhere. It doesn't seem to make any sense at all.

In most games, because of the lack of a decent keyboard, I have to use ijkl instead of wasd. I have to delete ALL of the default controls with every game I get, and make completely new ones from scratch, which is a lot of work on a new game, and an annoyance on a familiar one.

It creates confusion at lan parties. I am a big burden to my friends when they're planning on seating arrangements, because I can't be placed to the right of any right-hander. My controls are all different, so, for example, when I ask how to drop a weapon, they'll tell me "X". I'll explain to them that my controls are different and I need a console command, they simply repeat "X!!!!!!". Finally, one of them will step up to my keyboard and press it for me, and realizing their mistake, they finally give me what I need. This has happened so many times that I am beginning to question their intellegence.

I've probably made about 30 resolutions to use my right hand, and each time I have to give up because I simply cannot aim in video games, and it makes my arm, neck, and back sore.

Man I wish I could be right-handed.
    Last edited by Kamex; Fri 3 Sep '04, 1:00am.

Leave a comment:

• James Kojiro
    replied
    Wayne, that sounds awesome!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I was born left handed, but when I started school in 1974 I was forced to use my right-hand to conform. Now after many years of training, I am pretty Ambidextrous. Can do everything with my left hand except the writing isn't as clear as with my right. Not that my writing is very clear to begin with.

Leave a comment:

• James Kojiro
    replied
    Oh, heh, thanks for answering my question

Leave a comment:

• envy-uk
    replied
    I'm a lefty, however, even though I write with my left hand, I've got no control whatsoever when it comes to using the mouse with it.

Leave a comment:

• Dean C
    replied
    He means ambidextrous, can operate equally with both hands

Leave a comment:

• James Kojiro
    replied
    Originally posted by WizyWyg
    Have no idea . Im ambi ^_^
    Uh, what do you mean by ambi? I am confused here.

Leave a comment:

• WizyWyg
    replied
    Have no idea . Im ambi ^_^

Leave a comment:

• brightman
    replied
    It's better to adjust your chair and your desk than to change your mouse (keybord), the gell pad is something good but not so efficient.

About the left handed software configuration, i've seen arabic sites where the default position for scroll bars is on the left (they read from right to left). It was very strange for me.
    And one advice, it's really easyer to have wireless mouse if you want to use it with both hands

Leave a comment:

• someuser190826
    replied
    Originally posted by difference
    to use a mice that have "Scroll wheel" feature. for the pointer, you can choose the "hand", not the "arrow"
    I am still looking for a left-hand pointer. It seems Micorosft was really biased towards right hands, because even in that hand scheme the hand is a right hand lol...no left hands to be seen.

Leave a comment:

• daemon
    replied
    Originally posted by Arunan
    On my third day. Graphics designing is a ***** with the left hand, but I still havn't quit
    That's what I've found, too. Also checking the checkboxes on web forms is still hard along with selecting text.

I'm on my 10th day and I've gotten pretty good at everything except for those two things I've mentioned above.

Leave a comment:

• someuser190826
    replied
    Originally posted by MrNase
    Agree Those are really nice and may help one.

I tried to use my left hand to navigate at vb.org but I didn't get it
    On my third day. Graphics designing is a ***** with the left hand, but I still havn't quit

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X