Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wayne, that sounds awesome!

Comment

Well, I'm left-handed, PURE left handed, and it sucks. There seems to be an awful lot of useless stuff for left-handers, like left handed notebooks (who the hell needs the rings on the other side?), left handed scissors (right-handed ones work perfectly with either hand for me), and left handed mouse configuration (if you're born left handed, why would you need to switch left and right mouse button functions to avoid confusion?)

When it comes to stuff that's actually of use, such as left handed keyboards (for games with little or no configurable controls), and left handed slanted mice with extra buttons, you cannot find them anywhere. It doesn't seem to make any sense at all.

In most games, because of the lack of a decent keyboard, I have to use ijkl instead of wasd. I have to delete ALL of the default controls with every game I get, and make completely new ones from scratch, which is a lot of work on a new game, and an annoyance on a familiar one.

It creates confusion at lan parties. I am a big burden to my friends when they're planning on seating arrangements, because I can't be placed to the right of any right-hander. My controls are all different, so, for example, when I ask how to drop a weapon, they'll tell me "X". I'll explain to them that my controls are different and I need a console command, they simply repeat "X!!!!!!". Finally, one of them will step up to my keyboard and press it for me, and realizing their mistake, they finally give me what I need. This has happened so many times that I am beginning to question their intellegence.

I've probably made about 30 resolutions to use my right hand, and each time I have to give up because I simply cannot aim in video games, and it makes my arm, neck, and back sore.

Man I wish I could be right-handed.
      Last edited by Kamex; Fri 3 Sep '04, 1:00am.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C
        He means ambidextrous, can operate equally with both hands
        "She" means ambidextrous. Born Left handed, turned right handed (that means forced to write with the right hand) in Preschool (for some stupid reason). But then "relearned" how to do things with my left hand as well in High school (due to a broken arm)
        There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

Originally posted by Kamex
          When it comes to stuff that's actually of use, such as left handed keyboards (for games with little or no configurable controls), and left handed slanted mice with extra buttons, you cannot find them anywhere. It doesn't seem to make any sense at all.

In most games, because of the lack of a decent keyboard, I have to use ijkl instead of wasd. I have to delete ALL of the default controls with every game I get, and make completely new ones from scratch, which is a lot of work on a new game, and an annoyance on a familiar one.

MY BIGGEST GRIPE!!!
          Its so freaking irritating!

It creates confusion at lan parties. I am a big burden to my friends when they're planning on seating arrangements, because I can't be placed to the right of any right-hander. My controls are all different, so, for example, when I ask how to drop a weapon, they'll tell me "X". I'll explain to them that my controls are different and I need a console command, they simply repeat "X!!!!!!". Finally, one of them will step up to my keyboard and press it for me, and realizing their mistake, they finally give me what I need. This has happened so many times that I am beginning to question their intellegence.
          Too bad that many are forced to use the default settings that there isn't a "big market" to start making keyboards for those who want it the other way around. (money making that is)
          There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

http://www.fentek-ind.com/modular.htm
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X