Idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea?

I'm currently developing v1.1 of my file-based blogging system. One of the features I'm most likely going to add is a Lyrics Section. What this allows you to do is specify information in four boxes:
    - Song Name (To Live is to Hide)
    - Song Artist (Lacuna Coil)
    - Song Lyrics
    - Song Short (for the URL, like lyrics/lyrics.php?s=liveishide or lyrics/liveishide.php)

Whenever you add the above, lyrics.php will have a list of all current songs added. I'm even going to add one of those search boxes that uses Google to find things from a certain site (in this case, a fast lyrics site with a variety of lyrics, though I've yet to find one).

Anyway, what I'm asking is, what do you think of the idea? Not how it's being done and everything because I know everyone will say "Use a database", but what do you think of having a lyrics section in a blog?

Thanks.

My honest opinion is why would anyone want a lyrics section in their blog?
    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Agree

An image gallery would be better for most users
      That's the end of that!

Comment

Because I often post lyrics to songs in my blog.

And I host my images on another server.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew111888
          Because I often post lyrics to songs in my blog.

And I host my images on another server.
          But by the sound of your post you are making a script to release to the public? I don't think that many other people post lyrics in their blogs (at least I've never seen anybody do it)
          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

I've seen plenty of people doing it :/.

Comment

Yea I run a blogging site and nobody has ever asked me for a lyrics section- I guess if they want to post lyrics they simply do it in an entry...

Also, why would you be using file-based system? At least go with SQLite
              http://www.webtrickscentral.com/images/wtcsig.jpg

Comment

You need to walk before you run--my blog is my first script, and I wanted to code something easy before I move on to something harder .

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew111888
                  You need to walk before you run--my blog is my first script, and I wanted to code something easy before I move on to something harder .
                  I find dealing with a raw flat-file system is harder and more complicated than using something like SQLite

But good luck
                  http://www.webtrickscentral.com/images/wtcsig.jpg

Comment

Working...
                  X