Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBboard.com

Hey guys,

I don't know if there is a topic already present within the forums, but I was wondering if you had seen BBboard.com (http://www.bbboard.com). It, like vBulletin, is a paying forum, so my first thought was that it was going to be really good. I just want to know what you guys think of it.

Would you say it is better than phpBB or Invision. I think it's safe to say that it wouldn't come in the same class as vB though!

Thanks for your time

That looks pretty cool, but I think I'll stay with vb ^_^

Comment

I looked at this a while ago, and personally don't like the one-man development process (last time I checked it only had one developer). As far as support and updates go you can't beat the guys over at vBulletin.com
      Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

It looks worse than EZBoard (the interface is really bad IMO)
        Webmaster / Administrator
        www.MegaGames.com
        www.MGForums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C
          As far as support and updates go you can't beat the guys over at vBulletin.com
          Couldn't agree more. It's absolutely 1st class

Comment

I think maybe the default interface is alittle too "designer" than actually functional. Tho i may be wrong

Comment

Originally posted by colicab-d
              I think maybe the default interface is alittle too "designer" than actually functional. Tho i may be wrong
              From a active user view I would actually be immediatly attracted to that style...but style isn't the issue on hand. Whats boy never heard of that programming language. .htaccess addtype?

Comment

I actually like that style... looks pretty cool... but as far as features go, vB3 > BBboard

MGM out

Comment

the design looks way to big and kinda like a site and not a interface if you get what i mean.

Comment

Well it's written in CGI, so I don't think it's really in the same league as vB or any other PHP based BB's.

I used to use their hosted boards back in the day, and I guess bbv2 is what came out from that. Their hosted boards were just as crappy as proboards, and when I heard they were coming out with a downloadable version I thought it was going to be crap but it did exceed my expectations.

I think it's lacking a little bit, the design is like a lot of you said, just too big.
                    http://www.webtrickscentral.com/images/wtcsig.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Vile
                      It looks worse than EZBoard (the interface is really bad IMO)
                      I agree; some might find it stylish, but it is hideous and contains so many unnecessary nested elements.
                      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Whilst I've never used perl, I can't stand these people who jump on the bandwaggon saying just because it's coded in perl that makes it less functional, slower, bulkier than if it was coded in PHP? I think you'll find that it's all down to the way the program is structured in the end
                        Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

i dunno..honestly i thought the whole thing looked pretty crappy..plus theyre tripping wiith their prices- » Business license: $169.10 (Discounted from $302.11)
                          » Regular license: $95.00 (Discounted from $228.01)

i wouldnt pay 5 bucks for it
                          just my personal opinion

Comment

Actually I used to have a BBboard and it was okay, I liked it enough..The template system was great and easy for beginners. The one problem I had with them was that they are basically a group of people who used to work for Ezboard and decided to start a forum on their own. I couldn't get past the fact that it was ran by like 3 people and they all acted very childish....JMO, but I did work there as well in the support forum....

Got a Boxer?
                            BoxerTalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C
                              Whilst I've never used perl, I can't stand these people who jump on the bandwaggon saying just because it's coded in perl that makes it less functional, slower, bulkier than if it was coded in PHP? I think you'll find that it's all down to the way the program is structured in the end
                              Hmm... Sorry if I implied that- I meant that they wouldn't be in the same league of competition because if someone is looking for a PHP BBS, then they won't take a glance at BBboard, and vice versa.
                              http://www.webtrickscentral.com/images/wtcsig.jpg

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X