X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flexible flat FLAT screen

haha

this is getting so very cool
    I can't wait to get me a 32" or bigger flat flat flat screen that I can bend around in a nice degree around my head for cool 3d experience

http://www.computerweekly.com/articl...earch=&nPage=1
    Attached Files

lmao! thats awesome! Think of the possibilities for gaming and movie watching!

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by MetalGearMaster
      lmao! thats awesome! Think of the possibilities for gaming and movie watching!

MGM out
      What possibilities? The only thing I think this could be practical for is little kids who like to step and bend and chew on things. I for one do not need a screen that bends.
      Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

I believe the picture is a fake, because where comes from the data ? Is it a wireless screen ?
        Lumina, aventurière des mondes fantastiques et petite rédactrice au grand cœur
        Cœur Lumière - vBulletin-fr
        Join the vBulletin French community social group!

Comment

Originally posted by tgillespie
          What possibilities? The only thing I think this could be practical for is little kids who like to step and bend and chew on things. I for one do not need a screen that bends.
          Newspapars that update and change as the news comes.

Screens that can be used for medical records and also have the patient's current status on them.

eBooks.

Any use that you have a screen now.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Lumina
            I believe the picture is a fake, because where comes from the data ? Is it a wireless screen ?
            Well that is the goal of the technology if you read the article. Just a thinner easier to use version of today's smart displays which are also wireless.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
              Newspapars that update and change as the news comes.

Screens that can be used for medical records and also have the patient's current status on them.

eBooks.

Any use that you have a screen now.
              What about a PDA? I just don't think something like that could be practicle without breaching the economic boundries.
              Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Nothing completley new. I read about this type of technology last year and it seems intersting
                Webmaster / Administrator
                www.MegaGames.com
                www.MGForums.com

Comment

LOL @ floris:

I can't wait to get me a 32" or bigger flat flat flat screen that I can bend around in a nice degree around my head for cool 3d experience
                  Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by tgillespie
                    What about a PDA? I just don't think something like that could be practicle without breaching the economic boundries.
                    PDA's are small... Have you ever really tried to read anything in detail on their puny screens? Takes a while. Great for quick lookups and contact information but impractical for heavy duty usage. Forget the 32 inch model that Floris wants. Think of the 16 foot one that will be used for billboards. Theoritically since this is a polymer sheet, they can make them any size from your credit cards to the art in your home and bigger.

Financially, these might not be a good idea now but the average computing power sitting on desks these days would have costs tens of thousands of dollars 10 years ago and yet you can get a 2 gigahertz machine from Dell for $500.00. This isn't something that it going to be on sale tomorrow.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Dont really care. If they can get this out soon enough at agood price for consumers, I wont have to worry about lugging my 15 lb monitor to our next lan party..Man Doom 3 would look good on that.
                      There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X