Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got old hardware? Do not dispaire! Doom3 will run just fine

http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQ0

Check this out, users with an old CPU and videocard and enough ram will do just fine. At least .. good enough until they upgrade

It won't be long now until I will stop working on this web site and lock myself up in a room for a weekend and go play doom3.

Yay for doom3. I have new hardware though, so yay for meee.

Comment

I have a 2.4 ghz p4 from intel, with 512mb ram, 256mb x800 video card from asus and 320 gb hard drive space. I think I'll do just fine on my 22" monitor :P w00t w00t w00t

Comment

I've a similar set up, 2.8ghz P4, 512mb RAM, 256mb ATI Radeon 9600XT and 240 GB hdd

Except I have a 15" monitor!!

I'm looking forawrd to Doom3 though

Comment

Happily I got a AMD 2600xp , 1gb ddr , 200gb of hdd and 256 mb 9600 xt on my pure flatscreen 19" crt

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
            I have a 2.4 ghz p4 from intel, with 512mb ram, 256mb x800 video card from asus and 320 gb hard drive space. I think I'll do just fine on my 22" monitor :P w00t w00t w00t
            You'll need more RAM. I needed a GB just for UT2k4.
            --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
            Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
            vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
              You'll need more RAM. I needed a GB just for UT2k4.
              Developers say it will run just fine with 512 MB. The minimum is 384. All the professional reviews bear this out as well.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I only have 512 megabytes and I can run UT2k4 just fine.
                http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by BillaBongUSA
                  I only have 512 megabytes and I can run UT2k4 just fine.
                  I could too, but levels would take an eternity to load, the first few minutes of the game would be less than fully responsive, and when the game was exited, the system would be extremely sluggish for the following few minutes. People at my office had the same problem.

I had texture details all the way up, so each to his own.
                  --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                  Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                  vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Now I dont have to upgrade. Dont have that much money hanging around. Just spent it on VB

Comment

AMD 2600XP 512MB Corsair XMS3500 2x36Gb SATA WD Raptors

Just ordered myself a Leadtek Geforce 6800GT for Doom3 and Half Life 2
                      Hungry ?

Comment

I have a 2 GHZ P4 with a 128mb Radeon 9000 pro and 1 gb of ram. I hope that is good enough.
                        Surrix.net: Computer help forums/articles

The person in my avatar is Elisha Cuthbert she plays on Fox's 24

Comment

Looks like my laptop and homepc will run it with a bump in ram

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
                            I could too, but levels would take an eternity to load, the first few minutes of the game would be less than fully responsive, and when the game was exited, the system would be extremely sluggish for the following few minutes. People at my office had the same problem.

I had texture details all the way up, so each to his own.
                            Yeah, same here. I was just hoping that everyone would ignore me and I wouldn't have to admit it.

Well, I just ran out and bought another 512 megs, and UT runs much better and my computer doesn't lag afterwards. I guess I'm all set for Doom 3.
                            http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X