• Show
Clear All

• Tom|HT
    replied
    Score!

Leave a comment:

• vBrat
    replied
    I remember ages ago my webhosting company kept getting DDOS.

Leave a comment:

• Dean C
    replied
    Great news !

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    started a topic DoS .ru gets 15 years!

DoS .ru gets 15 years!

I am pleased to read on http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/07..._ddos_arrests/ that they are busted, being trailed and going to jail.

Especially because they contact companies with ' give us or you go ' and then ddos them. UGH!

A Russian cyber extortion gang arrested last week cost British bookmakers tens of millions in lost revenues, according to the head of a Russian police agency.
    The alleged cyber-extortions took place following Denial of Service (DOS) attacks directed against the websites of many online bookies. These attacks bombarded bookies' servers with a tidal wave of spurious and malicious traffic, effectively shutting down their online operations and costing millions of pounds in lost business. Russia's Interior Ministry said that gang had also launched attacks on unidentified British banks.
    DoS attacks are really lame, especially because it costs money, time and resouces. It simply isn't a hack that requires you to restore a backup, it can take sites down for months and months which totally sucks.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X