No announcement yet.

Need help finding a good zip program!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help finding a good zip program!!

I need help finding a good "free" zip program...anyone know of any???????

Got a Boxer?
    BoxerTalk

Winzip.com is free is it not?
    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Nope..I was using that then all of a sudden it told me that my trial was over and now it won't function. SO I downloaded Zip it now and got a trojan from that.. so now I'm desperate..lol

Got a Boxer?
      BoxerTalk

Comment

Okay I was just told by someone one msgr that if you set you PC clock a year ahead when you download it then set it back afterwards the free Winzip won't expire...does that sound okay?

Got a Boxer?
        BoxerTalk

Comment

ultimatezip.com
          That's the end of that!

Comment

TotalCommander is a replacement for windows explorer and it has a built in compression facility to deal with zips, rars etc It's cheap to buy but you get an unlimited trial with a nag when you load it up - no biggie

Comment

Windows XP has built-in Zipping Capabilities in Windows Explorer...

You can also get this as part of Microsoft Plus for Windows 98 and ME.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I know WindowsXP can open/extract/explore zip files but can it actually create them?

Comment

Yes you can. Via 'Send to in the context menu
                  That's the end of that!

Comment

Winrar very powerfulll little bugger

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                      Winrar very powerfulll little bugger
                      WinRAR is not free but sure is infinitely better than WinZip. It has a nag screen that is easily dismissed and does not show up at all when using the shell-integrated functions.
                      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by MrNase
                        Yes you can. Via 'Send to in the context menu
                        Wow I've never seen that before What a ridiculous place to put something like that. They should have a sub-menu like winzip

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                          Windows XP has built-in Zipping Capabilities in Windows Explorer...

You can also get this as part of Microsoft Plus for Windows 98 and ME.
                          I use it all the time. I have WinRAR installed for everything but .zip files as I really like the Explorer intergration.

Originally posted by Dean C
                          I know WindowsXP can open/extract/explore zip files but can it actually create them?
                          Right click, go to "New," click "Compressed (zipped) Folder."

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
                            WinRAR is not free but sure is infinitely better than WinZip. It has a nag screen that is easily dismissed and does not show up at all when using the shell-integrated functions.
                            Exactly, WinRAR is the best and if you buy it, a good investment.
                            The alternative is using the built in zip from windows.

Comment

I use PowerArchiver: http://powerarchiver.com

It can handle ZIP files, RAR files, tar.gz files, and other compressed file types. It can also create them all.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X