When changing forum templates...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When changing forum templates...

Have you ever forgotten to take a look at your site AFTER you log out to make sure everything looks the same? I forgot to do this after I made some changes on Sunday. I then added the modified style to another site as the default skin as well. Wednesday night I logged out for the first time and saw how mangled my poor forums looked. It looked so bad it must have scarred people away! All is fixed now though.
    http://www.icecreamforum.com

I have multiple profiles setup on my mozilla so I can switch quicker between every usergroup of my members.

Comment

Hmmm, I don't use Firefox much but that could be really handy, how did you do that?

Cheers,
      Robert
      Visit NoizPollution.com // Your Music Source

Do not PM or email me for support, you will not receive a response. Please post all requests for support in the main vBulletin forums or via the support system in the main members section of the site.

Comment

In Mozilla I goto Menubar: Tools > Switch profile.

Comment

Hey I don't have that option in my FireFox Floris, was this a plugin, extention? Maybe?

Got a Boxer?
          BoxerTalk

Comment

I am not talking about their stand alone browser firefox

Comment

OIC.....

Got a Boxer?
              BoxerTalk

Comment

Yes, I've done it once and only once.... I added a News hack at the top of my forum, from the admin perspective and member perspective everything looked fine.... however, when you logged out the news doesnt show up and isntead displays a "please register" text.... thing is.... it was in another language! I forget what it was, but I went to the phrase manager immediately and translated it too bad by then it had been a month into beta testing (of the forums)

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by MetalGearMaster
                  Yes, I've done it once and only once.... I added a News hack at the top of my forum, from the admin perspective and member perspective everything looked fine.... however, when you logged out the news doesnt show up and isntead displays a "please register" text.... thing is.... it was in another language! I forget what it was, but I went to the phrase manager immediately and translated it too bad by then it had been a month into beta testing (of the forums)

MGM out
                  LOL nice!
                  http://www.icecreamforum.com

Comment

I've done something like that countless times on alot of differnt software . Altho not related to the template system I think the biggest misteak I ever saw was commited by an admin at a board I in which I had privileged access to.

I was 'on vacation' from the board (in other words I fried my only computer and took awhile to fix it) and one of the head admin turned off the board by misteak when changing some other settings. Well the head admin was busy for about 2 months and his work kept him away from the board, by the time I got back online all the members had migrated to a new forum.

Two months later the head admin shows up, and by dumb luck one day I visit the old board (which I can still read posts on), the admin had posted a thread asking why there where no new posts at his forum, he never botherd to look at the settings and the board is now a part of the cyber waste land, it still remains closed to this day.

Comment

That is kinda funny. I think there used to be something called a profile manager.

Comment

The worst is when you are in the middle of making some major changes and you have to leave suddenly. You spend all the time, whatever you're doing, panicing about how your forums look
                        Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

lmao, or have to leave and then when you come back you forget that one minor change you need to make

MGM out

Comment

I've done the same thing. I will be in the middle of doing a template modification, my girlfriend will call and when I get back to the computer I forget where I was. Sometimes I have to revert to original and then start over or sometimes I will get lucky and pick up where I left off.

I've also done something similar with forum images. I create and upload the images for members but forget to logout and check for the locked/guest icons.
                            Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X