X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGM
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris
    I think those posts would more say it would be a module which can be purchased aside vbulletin forum software. There has been no info released about the price for that isn't known.
    yea, I noticed that, I just got the idea from the posts that it would cost the same

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Ashbrook
    replied
    Originally posted by Mikhailtech
    What's the difference between a portal and a CMS?
    A portal is a script that shows one or more pages of what the developer has installed on it. In which you cannot add any pages without modifying the script itself.

A CMS (Content Management System) allows you to add pages (or content) to the script without needing to modify the script code.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by MetalGearMaster
    From what I've read in previous threads, the CMS would cost probably as much as vBulletin (give or take a few bucks), would integrate into vBulletin (obviously), and be sold as a seperate product (as in, if you own vBulletin, you don't get the CMS for free)

MGM out
    I think those posts would more say it would be a module which can be purchased aside vbulletin forum software. There has been no info released about the price for that isn't known.

Leave a comment:

• Mikhailtech
    replied
    Originally posted by Icheb
    PHPNuke is a portal, Jelsoft wants to release a CMS.
    What's the difference between a portal and a CMS?

Leave a comment:

• 0ptima
    replied
    What is the Jelsoft team up to now?

Leave a comment:

• Icheb
    replied
    PHPNuke is a portal, Jelsoft wants to release a CMS.

Leave a comment:

• adguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Mikhailtech
    I think I saw a post about this somewhere but I can't remember. Does Jelsoft ever plan on making a content management system that ties in with VBulletin? I know there are unsupported versions (namely VB portal).
    Don't they have a wishliist somewhere. I sincerely hope that they don't make another Nuke but something like Mambo.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew111888
    replied
    Originally posted by MetalGearMaster
    lmao, agreed... the wait was forever though Some people had been waiting about a year for the release

MGM out
    Yeah, but begging and whining at the Developers won't do anything .

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    lmao, agreed... the wait was forever though Some people had been waiting about a year for the release

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• Andrew111888
    replied
    I seriously hope they never give a time of release and just spring it on us one day.

I remember the days leading up to vB3 all too vividly and I nearly murdered half the people I saw simply because "OMG I WANT VB3 OMG I DEMAND VB3" got real annoying after about three days.

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    There's no official release date, and Jelsft hasn't even made it "official" that they're even working on a CMS... although we all know they are

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• Icheb
    replied
    When will it be out?
    Is it there yet?

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    From what I've read in previous threads, the CMS would cost probably as much as vBulletin (give or take a few bucks), would integrate into vBulletin (obviously), and be sold as a seperate product (as in, if you own vBulletin, you don't get the CMS for free)

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    I would guess it would be rather the same as vBulletin is. This is purely a guess.

Leave a comment:

• Mikhailtech
    replied
    I hope this isn't asking to divulge any sensitive information, but in regards to copyright, if/when there is a release of this CMS, do you think it would carry the same stringent copyrights as Vbulletin, or would it be relatively open source and free of charge (or with a minimal charge) like PHP-Nuke?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X