Will Jelsoft ever make a CMS??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Jelsoft ever make a CMS??

I think I saw a post about this somewhere but I can't remember. Does Jelsoft ever plan on making a content management system that ties in with VBulletin? I know there are unsupported versions (namely VB portal).

I think there are plans, but I have NO concrete evidence of that, nor any details.

Comment

It is in the works but there is no ETA or public timeline at this time.

Comment

I hope this isn't asking to divulge any sensitive information, but in regards to copyright, if/when there is a release of this CMS, do you think it would carry the same stringent copyrights as Vbulletin, or would it be relatively open source and free of charge (or with a minimal charge) like PHP-Nuke?

Comment

I would guess it would be rather the same as vBulletin is. This is purely a guess.

Comment

From what I've read in previous threads, the CMS would cost probably as much as vBulletin (give or take a few bucks), would integrate into vBulletin (obviously), and be sold as a seperate product (as in, if you own vBulletin, you don't get the CMS for free)

MGM out

Comment

When will it be out?
              Is it there yet?

Comment

There's no official release date, and Jelsft hasn't even made it "official" that they're even working on a CMS... although we all know they are

MGM out

Comment

I seriously hope they never give a time of release and just spring it on us one day.

I remember the days leading up to vB3 all too vividly and I nearly murdered half the people I saw simply because "OMG I WANT VB3 OMG I DEMAND VB3" got real annoying after about three days.

Comment

lmao, agreed... the wait was forever though Some people had been waiting about a year for the release

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by MetalGearMaster
                      lmao, agreed... the wait was forever though Some people had been waiting about a year for the release

MGM out
                      Yeah, but begging and whining at the Developers won't do anything .

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhailtech
                        I think I saw a post about this somewhere but I can't remember. Does Jelsoft ever plan on making a content management system that ties in with VBulletin? I know there are unsupported versions (namely VB portal).
                        Don't they have a wishliist somewhere. I sincerely hope that they don't make another Nuke but something like Mambo.
                        =)

Comment

PHPNuke is a portal, Jelsoft wants to release a CMS.

Comment

What is the Jelsoft team up to now?

Comment

Originally posted by Icheb
                              PHPNuke is a portal, Jelsoft wants to release a CMS.
                              What's the difference between a portal and a CMS?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X