No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm waiting for the Australian Release of this, exciting.

Comment

I've actually played with a lot of people from Australia already. Weird...

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
      http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew111888
        Kingdom Hearts rules.

Isn't Final Fantasy just about a bunch of anime singers/dancers?
        Interesting Comment since Kingdom Hearts is basically "Final Fantasy meets Disney". In fact that is exactly how Square Enix promoted it.

Anyway, Kingdom Hearts fans should be happy knowing the version 2 is on its way.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew111888
          Isn't Final Fantasy just about a bunch of anime singers/dancers?
          No, it isn't!

Squall, FFXI's battle system is real-time. You don't have to wait for your turn, you just do it when you feel like

Comment

Originally posted by assassingod
            Squall, FFXI's battle system is real-time. You don't have to wait for your turn, you just do it when you feel like
            In Final Fantasy X and X-2, they still used a turn based combat system based on the ATB bar. This could be blurred depending on how you built your characters with speed enhancers so that they could get more than one attack in at a time.

For example in X, hook Rikku up on all the speed spheres you can then cast Speed on her. Very handy in the desert areas because she will get three or four actions per round which makes attacks and using potions mighty handy.

I understand XII, is supposed to have the real-time combat system. Not sure whether it will be an online game or not yet. It will have a lot of major differences from previous games though including it appears the removal of random encounters (boo hiss)...

Wayne Luke

Comment

FFXII is not going to be online, but the battle is going to be real time like FFXI. FFXI's battles are encounters that you can see/avoid while running around. Thus, if a monster attacks you, you know exactly where it came from, and you can choose to engage in battle or flee. The battle is then based on your weapon delay between hits as well as the monster's.

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
              http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment

Thankfully random encounters in FFXI are not completely eliminated - Quadavs and Rock Lizards usually become very aggro just by you walking past them/walking near them/seeing their buddies getting the crap kicked out of them by me But as said, you can avoid these battles by changing your direction

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                It will have a lot of major differences from previous games though including it appears the removal of random encounters (boo hiss)...
                Agreed with the Boo Hiss, I can understand removing random battles in an MMORPG, but I can't see it in an RPG. Then again, it could work like FFXI

Comment

Interesting Comment since Kingdom Hearts is basically "Final Fantasy meets Disney". In fact that is exactly how Square Enix promoted it.

Anyway, Kingdom Hearts fans should be happy knowing the version 2 is on its way.
                  Kingdom's heart battle system real time, as in you actually beat people with your key, which I prefer... the FF I played wasn't like that. I found Kingdom Hearts to be much better

Comment

In all actuality each Final Fantasy is its own game but they usually have some similar characteristics. Some have real-time battle systems, some have turn-based, and some have absolutely flawed systems. Depends on the game and the console it is made on.

Wayne Luke

Comment

and some have absolutely flawed systems.
                      FFVIII's junctioning system

Comment

Well, last I heard KH2 was to be released sometime in 2005, although Chain of Memories should be released this year.

And stop bashing FFVIII, assassingod.

Comment

FF8 Roxored j00s boxors Stevie

Comment

FFVIII was too lovey-dovey with an odd system which I didn't get the hang of until the 4th disc

However, that being said - Laguna rocked

Comment

I bought this game but stopped playing it because it took too long to level and you can't find groups.

I play City of Heroes now.

Comment

FF7 > All

'nuff said

MGM out

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X