Final Fantasy XI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Fantasy XI

I ordered this a nearly a week ago off eBay since I couldn't wait for it to be released in the U.K.

I must say I am very impressed with FFXI, it's the first MMORPG i've played but it's great fun. Has anyone else played it?

Ps, my character
    Attached Files

Yep, though I live in Austria I got FF XI a few months ago. It is quite fun ^^

Comment

I played Final Fantasy 10 or something for about five minutes, then I quit because I can't stand the gameplay. You don't actually fight, you tell him what to do and he does it.

I prefer Kingdom Hearts, personally.

Comment

FFXI's battle system is alot like Kingdom Hearts, and I thought FF10 and FF10-2 were just like it too.

Comment

I haven't purchased it yet. I would play it on my PS2 and a $150 investment (counting game, keyboard, ethernet connection, mouse) is a lot for a game.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

One of the reasons why i bought it for PC. Too much hassle and money to go through to use it on the PS2. Why not get it for the PC?

Comment

Because it would cost just as much to upgrade my video card to something worthwhile to play it. It would require multiple copies for everyone locally to play it. Otherwise my PC would be tied up and I would never get any work done. I don't have a computer set aside specifically for games at this time.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I have it for PS2 and PC, I love it. I mainly play a 25 WHM.

Here's a bunch of non-ghetto screenshots.
                http://gallery.ksilebo.com/ffxi

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
                http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment

I don't plan on getting it, too much money involved.

Square should've never went into the MMORPG stuff, IMHO.
                  Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

It was a great idea but it was painful levelling up to do things. I spent way to much time fighting random battles than exploring which is what I wanted out of this game. =(

That, and I dont hve the 20 hours a day to put into it.
                    Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

lol, 20 hours a day

I love the FF series, but FFXI doesn't appeal to me because of price mainly. While I may try it out (since the first month is free), I'll probably never get into it "full time"

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by assassingod
                        FFXI's battle system is alot like Kingdom Hearts, and I thought FF10 and FF10-2 were just like it too.
                        I disagree. FFX and X-2 were nothing like Kingdom Heart's battle system.

My sister bought it for PC around Christmas last year, but we haven't gotten around to trying it out.

Comment

You're probably right squall, i've only played Kingdom Hearts once (and it sucked) so I shouldn't of really compared them

Ksilebo, I have a friend you is a lvl24 WHM, he always power levels with me which is fun. I'm currently a lvl7 BLM,

Comment

Kingdom Hearts rocks, I don't know what you are talking about.

Besides, real time battle systems beat turn-based systems anyday IMO (i.e. I'm good at them).

Comment

Kingdom Hearts rules.

Isn't Final Fantasy just about a bunch of anime singers/dancers?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X