Mega Sites, mega speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mega Sites, mega speed

I like being in control over what goes on at a community, so when I sign up on a cool site with over millions of posts and they have near 500 or 1000 on-line members and are obviously quite active .. I get flooded

I can't keep track of the new posts and todays posts and it becomes harder to filter out what to ignore and not and what lies in my interest. But ok .. that is a matter of growing into the site and find your own spot. Besides that, how do you guys keep track of where you post? I don't mind receiving instant email notifications, but on such active sites it has no use to use digest for a day or week because then the thread is already old. BUt instant email notification is just too much. 5 threads could end up with 500 email notifications each time you check your email

Share your thoughts on this with me and learn me to master the skills of active sites

Originally posted by Floris
    5 threads could end up with 500 email notifications each time you check your email
    Doesn't vBulletin only send one email until you visit that thread again?

I think to master those sites, you just have to give up on some forums. Really just look at the ones that interest you. And da a getnew when you first come onto the board,so you see anything you might be interested in, even if it's not in any of the forums you frequent.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F
      Doesn't vBulletin only send one email until you visit that thread again?
      No, until you visit the board again. When you're browsing the site, you're constantly visiting the board and thus you'll constantly get new emails, one for each post on average.

Comment

Rather then subscribing, i bookmark threads

And then check new since last visit

Would be great option for vb though, bookmarking thread and view bookmarks
        Dutch vBullletin users social group!

Comment

Originally posted by Freezerator
          Rather then subscribing, i bookmark threads

And then check new since last visit

Would be great option for vb though, bookmarking thread and view bookmarks
          You can subscribe to a thread without getting e-mail updates, which is similar.
          --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
          Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
          vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

I agree that it gets rather annoying if the topics gets out dated so soon that it's hard to keep up the pace

Well, I will click on my profile and check what are the topics which I have reply on and will surf back to those topics according

I have since dis continued with email noticfication as there are just too many of them!

-----------------
            http://www.LPforum.net
            Discussion Forum for Budget Travelers & Backpackers

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X