No announcement yet.

PHP 5 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had vB 3 on php 5 for some time to, seems to work just fine. I'm going to have to run some other scripts on my dev box and see how they do, im really intrested in seeing what ipb will do as it uses alot more OO then vB.

Comment

I've also been running PHP5 since RC3 and vbulletin runs quite fine, no major bugs found. I am even running it in E_ALL & E_STRICT mode (which doesn't matter to vbulletin since they change the error_reporting anyway).

Since the only OO in vb is the mysql backend I have not found neither expect major problems. I'll be upgrading it in my production server once I see there is no rushed 5.0.1, 5.0.2 or something like that (a couple of months sounds fine to me).
      CemZoo Wiki - The complete anime encyclopedia
      CemZoo Foros - Spanish Anime & Gaming Community (also browse our archive)

Comment

Originally posted by Olate
        Seems like a waste of space to me - I wouldn't use it at all because it cannot match MySQL. But I suppose it could be useful for small apps...although MySQL could do the job better.
        I beg to differ...

http://sqlite.org/speed.html

SQLite is great for smaller applications that don't need a powerful databasing system such as MySQL...
        http://www.webtrickscentral.com/images/wtcsig.jpg

Comment

i just installed php5.... without really thinking it would be "different" enough to mess up vbulletin..... this is what I'm getting.... any thoughts?

Code:
             Warning:  array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /www/global.php on line 26

Warning:  array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /www/global.php on line 41

Warning:  array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /www/global.php on line 48
          There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser. An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Comment

odd because at those 3 spots.... it's just
            );
            and nothing else on the line.....

actually i think it's part of the vbadvanced portal hack too..... hmm

Comment

Originally posted by Bailx
              odd because at those 3 spots.... it's just and nothing else on the line.....

actually i think it's part of the vbadvanced portal hack too..... hmm
              Which means its not a vBulletin problem

Comment

The array_merge issue came up when one of the phpBB portal developers used phpBB 2.1.x with php 5. Two wrinkles came up with php 5's array_merge():

1) You can't mix scalars with arrays in the arguments.
                2) You can't have empty arrays in the arguments.
                In both cases, you'll get an empty array returned, so you need to do some conversions or checking before using array_merge.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                  I have vBulletin 3.0.3 running under PHP5 on my local machine.
                  as far as i know, I'm my hosts server is running 5.0.2 Just fine. so i guess that's two of us. maybe more of course.

Comment

This isn't official but I have no issues running vBulletun under php 5.0.2 and MySQL 4.1.7 on my development server. Still using the default MyISAM tables though but have INNODB tables in another application without problem.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

1) For the next update of vbulletin, whats the optimal or recommend php/mysql/apache config for server linux or windows based?

2) I know you probably can't give specifics, but currous if I should upgrade my systems to php 5.0 or wait longer.
                      Robert - Music is my caffeine!

Comment

Originally posted by PixelFX
                        1) For the next update of vbulletin, whats the optimal or recommend php/mysql/apache config for server linux or windows based?

2) I know you probably can't give specifics, but currous if I should upgrade my systems to php 5.0 or wait longer.
                        If its aint broke don't fix it

Just a saying I use; not an indication of vBulletin plans, indications of release, company statments or offical advise. etc etc etc .........
                        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I'm accually setting up my local host with test web server, for testing some vb hacks before I put them on my production server. So was currious if you guys had any recomendations. I've currently downloaded php 5.0.2 to install. Haven't tested vb3.0.3 on it yet.
                          Robert - Music is my caffeine!

Comment

Originally posted by PixelFX
                            I'm accually setting up my local host with test web server, for testing some vb hacks before I put them on my production server. So was currious if you guys had any recomendations. I've currently downloaded php 5.0.2 to install. Haven't tested vb3.0.3 on it yet.
                            Currently still recomended to use the latest version of php 4 on your live servers. vB3 dose run under php 5 on my development servers without errors Php 5 is still to new for my live servers, altho I can't wait to see a version of vB that takes full advanage of it

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X