• Show
Clear All

• Emcee Knowledge
    replied
    Good predictions.. I guess. lol.

Leave a comment:

• HaLeon
    replied
    I have yet to understand and learn how to use the latest version, which is already so awesome and with some many functions

actually I do not see the need for a ver 4.. at least for me!

haha

-----------------------------
    http://www.LPforum.net
    Discussion Forum for Budget Travelers & Backpackers

Leave a comment:

• Freezerator
    replied
    An automated reply bot who can reply to dumb users for me so i don't have to do it over and over again

Also, download database to printer would be handy. It's always better to have an hardcopy

Leave a comment:

• Darth Cow
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan Ashbrook
    Change the look of the Admin CP via Templates.

Sorta like coding the actual forums but for the Admin CP.
    No, this is a very bad idea. What happens now if you mess up a template and make part of the forums unusable? You can hit revert and it's fixed. What happens if you mess up the admincp so you can't use it? That's right, you're ****ed.

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    How about an instant-posting feature? Think of a Ultra-Quick Reply... imagine IRC but forum-like with instant posts and thread creation on the fly and right in front of your eyes, no load time in between

Impractical? bah! I can dream!

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• Chroder
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris
    A spell checker? .. that would be nice.
    Indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    A spell checker? .. that would be nice.

Leave a comment:

• Beth
    replied
    I think it'll do away with the need for members and admin at all.
    It'll be able to moderate itself, upgrade itself, post threads and posts etc.

sure by then, we'll probably just be thinking what to write and it will come up as a new thread/post

Leave a comment:

• Merjawy
    replied
    I like to see forums use languages independent from the default settings with override kind of setup, just like with styles..

now you can overdirde the default style fo some forums.. but nothing about the languages

I am playing with International sections on my board and all looks fine but changing the lanugage has to be done manualy so far

Leave a comment:

• Transverse Styles
    replied
    A pizza oven is really impractical. Would would be nice is a link to the local delivery service so all you have to is click "Order Pizza" and select your topics. On submission, vBulletin sends it over to your favorite joint and you get hot delivered pizza in 30 minutes.
    All jokes aside, that would truly be an awesome feature.

Leave a comment:

• 0ptima
    replied
    Originally posted by AWS
    Heck I don't see too much more that can be added to vb3 as far as new features.
    There is a long list of features here that could be added to VB3

Leave a comment:

• sidhighwind
    replied
    Originally posted by AWS
    I'd like to see multi-db support specifically MSSQL.
    My bet is we see other products like a portal system before we see vb4. Heck I don't see too much more that can be added to vb3 as far as new features.
    I would like to see vBulletin use a db abstraction layer like Creole they do have a php4 port so i was thinking about doing a hack for vbulletin that used it that way we could get support for multiple database in here but it was to much of an undertaking that i just did not have time for. but i could always hope.

i just imagine the day of running vB with an oracle backend. *drools*

anyways.

I still think that they need a good database abstraction layer and I do believe that Creole is going to be the best out there.

Leave a comment:

• assassingod
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    A pizza oven is really impractical. Would would be nice is a link to the local delivery service so all you have to is click "Order Pizza" and select your topics. On submission, vBulletin sends it over to your favorite joint and you get hot delivered pizza in 30 minutes.
    I've been asking for that feature for months now, glad to see it's finally being implented

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    We did, but they required we change the [v] logo to a pizza.

Leave a comment:

• Dean C
    replied
    Just give dominos a call - I'm sure they'd be delighted for the extra custom

Leave a comment: