Anyone ever set up phpChat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jakeman
    I got ircd installed and working, but there is a delay of about 60 seconds when connecting to the service. I was told this is a setting in ircd somewhere. I don't see it in the ircd.conf file. Anyone?
    dont forget to change /MOTD
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

could the delay be jpilot uses :6666 and the ircd uses 6667 and after giving up trying to connect on port 6666 it retrys on 6667 and connects?
      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Okay...i use MIRC to connect to chats.

Can people give me the required # channel name and adress to connect to there chats on MIRC? I will gladly give them traffic.

Comment

I'm running ircd hybrid 6 i think.

@asendin. my jpilot is set to use 6667

@martz. i searched my ircd.conf file for "proxy" and "dns" and it found nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
            I'm running ircd hybrid 6 i think.

@martz. i searched my ircd.conf file for "proxy" and "dns" and it found nothing.
            I couldn't download the tar.gz posted above, so I couldn't have a look at the setup of that ircd. If you try and compile Unreal 3.2.x (which you can always run on another port if you want to test a few) then I can gladly help you get it setup and configured. Unreal 3.2.x does have config files which are slightly more complicated compared to standard ircd.conf files, although if you know C then you will find then really easy!

Maybe you could attach the tar.gz file or put it online somewhere for me to peek at.

P.S I have Unreal 3.2 running on 5 servers, 2 in the US and 3 in Europe running on the same network:

irc.utassault.net
            irc.infinitegames.co.uk
            ripper.unreal.orange.co.uk
            gameservers.nl.eu.worldassault.com
            irc-central.worldassault.com
            irc-east.worldassault.com
            HP DL-380 G6, 2x E5520, 28GB RAM, 4x300GB SAS, VMWare ESXi
            -
            Unreal Tournament : Assault forums - irc://irc.utassault.net:6667 -

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X