Firefox issue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox issue...

I downloaded it yesterday, and I really like it! However, I have one problem: whenever I go to the admin cp at vB, it freezes while loading something from version.vbulletin.com. Anyone else have this problem?
    Photography :: Bird Information and Help

The problem is worse in IE.

It just means the vB servers are slow.
    Raz - KMC Forums

Comment

Its actually done on the server, using fopen i think.

Ive not had any problems loading my ACP' today in Firefox or IE

Comment

I've never had a problem with loading the acp on IE -- it loads super fast without any problem. in Firefox, it just freezes...I've left it a few minutes to see if it "comes back" but it never has. Don't know why it's doing this...it does it every time too!

Edit: I don't think it has anything to do with loading something from version.vbulletin.com because I just tried it and this time it froze after that part (though it almost always freezes at that part). Most of the time, the left column has loaded before freezing, but once or twice the quick stats page had already loaded as well.

I just tired loading the mod panel and it loads fine. The admin panel still freezes though.
        Last edited by Tailfeathers; Mon 5 Jul '04, 1:14pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Tailfeathers
          I've never had a problem with loading the acp on IE -- it loads super fast without any problem. in Firefox, it just freezes...I've left it a few minutes to see if it "comes back" but it never has. Don't know why it's doing this...it does it every time too!

Edit: I don't think it has anything to do with loading something from version.vbulletin.com because I just tried it and this time it froze after that part (though it almost always freezes at that part). Most of the time, the left column has loaded before freezing, but once or twice the quick stats page had already loaded as well.

I just tired loading the mod panel and it loads fine. The admin panel still freezes though.
          The version stuff is loaded several times on the ACP homepage.
          Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

Ah. Any reason why it might freeze the browser though?
            Last edited by Tailfeathers; Tue 6 Jul '04, 11:51am.

Comment

maybe you have an extention that is bad and making it freeze. Currently I'm running FireFox 0.9.1 and I'm having no problems loading any page in the ACP. I think it is something wrong at your end which could be many things includeing: Extention messing something up, Spyware or a Virus so I would check into those.
              Surrix.net: Computer help forums/articles

The person in my avatar is Elisha Cuthbert she plays on Fox's 24

Comment

Might be an improperly configured firewall as well. If your firewall restricts simultaneous connections, you might want to increase them or turn off that feature.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

FireFox (Mac)- zero problems... So no issues reported here.
                  Bob- (pank)
                  pankpages.com / http://twitter.com/_pank

Comment

Other than slowness, I have no problems.

Comment

Thanks, everyone...I'll see if I can get this solved.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X