Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to crash a VB 1.1.5 install

Currently Active Users:
    There are currently 35 member(s) and 789 guest(s) on the boards.

... 'nuff said

Bumping max_connections up to 400 still doesn't seem to help much either.

hi ya dabuzz remember me ?

you should really post this in mysql or server config forums

i had 13 members + 715 guests once and it wasn't pretty but it was running
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
      hi ya dabuzz remember me ?

you should really post this in mysql or server config forums

i had 13 members + 715 guests once and it wasn't pretty but it was running
      I was thinking about posting it in the help forums but I wasn't sure if there is much anyone can do for me. I'm getting hammered on that box from all angles. I'm having to kill apache every 15 minutes just to let the load come down below 10.00.

It should stop in a few hours ... hopefully.

I just needed to "get away" from it all for a few, I guess that's why I posted it here.

Comment

take alook at http://vbulletin.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=10506

may help some
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

are you using...

The zend optimizer? Does it help?

Comment

I think my main problem was everyone was hitting one thread (12,000+ times in less than 12 hours) that had about 20 replies already.

I guess all those queries killed everything.

I've since hidden that thread and put the content on a static page and the server is coming back to life.

I still have 700+ users on the forum, but since that thread is hidden, I'm able to actually use the forums again .. although they are still a little slow.

Comment

Wow must've been one great thread!! What hardware are you running for the DB and web servers? What OS? Also have you installed the Zend Cache / Optimizer combo and made indexes on your database tables?

P.S. I get PDABuzz delivered to my IIIc on a daily basis from AvantGo -- congrats on a great site!
              Matt
              Sybase DBA / PHP fanatic
              Sybase v. MySQL v. Oracle | Why I don't like MySQL | Download Sybase TODAY! | Visit DBForums.com!

Comment

What was that thread about, and how can I do it to my forums?
                Richard Young, Esq.
                asian forums | asians
                Reverse Funnel System - Fastest Way To Monetize Your Forum

Comment

Originally posted by mrogish
                  Wow must've been one great thread!! What hardware are you running for the DB and web servers? What OS? Also have you installed the Zend Cache / Optimizer combo and made indexes on your database tables?

P.S. I get PDABuzz delivered to my IIIc on a daily basis from AvantGo -- congrats on a great site!
                  The hardware is a dual PIII 650 w/ 512MB running FreeBSD 3.2 and Apache 1.3.9. Haven't installed any caching or optimizers but I'll be researching them next week to decide if I want to implement 'em.

Thanks for subscribing to the AvantGo channel .. I'm still amazed at how popular that thing is.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X