Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch out! Incoming mass hack attack

Source : http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/06...hits_websites/

Security experts have expressed serious concern about recently-discovered flaws in Internet Explorer that seem to be the focus of an insidious attack.
    Many popular websites, including search engines and shopping sites, have been secretly hacked and have had mysterious code placed on their Web servers. When a user running Internet Explorer logs on to a contaminated site, the user's PC is infected with malicious code, which has the potential to cause further problems.
    With the recent problems I receive through phone, email and word of mouth from friends and family, it is harder and harder to fight the crime of computer hacking, unsolliciated code runs and virii that spread through the keyboards into their brains. Security isn't an issue anymore for the average consumers as it appears 9 out of 10 systems that I investigate myself appear to have at least 1 trojan or worm installed, and otherwise are infected with a virus that spreads them. It looks like you are forced to not allow your computer to boot in order to stay save, and then only then you might think you are. Untill it stops booting. Anyway, run your firewall software with up2date enterprice licenses in order to get the most out of it, at full security settings and take 5 minutes per web site to allow or decline incoming connections for scripts, sockets, etc and scan everything in full active modus through 5 different type of scanners to slow down you system good enough in order to notice that you are not infected because software tells you to.

I'm using firefox, something I swore I'd never do

I'm sick of IE being unsafe

Comment

ok ok, I switched to Firefox.

Comment

I only use IE to make sure my designs work in it and firefox the most of the other times :P

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
          ok ok, I switched to Firefox.
          Jake++
          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

This Is why I use FireFox and Thunderbird with an extention that prevents remote loading of images.

Comment

IE does have a lot of security features, the problem is almost everything is set to allow by default There's a good tutorial I read somewhere (think it was over at lavasoftsupport.com) that told you how to configure IE to be more secure, if not as secure as firefox
              Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

I use both mozilla and firefox
                It is great because of improved security, and because they have quick loading times, proper compliant support for xhtml/css and use tabbed browsing!

Comment

IE's security has alway's been terrible, 'tis no suprise hearing another vulnerability
                  Computer Networking Forums
                  www.unlocked-networks.com

Comment

FireFOx all the way now, thankx

Just Use IE to test my style creations
                    Rebel Designs Studios

Comment

IE's dev team has teamed up again I've read. It's on channel9.msdn.com

Comment

I already switched over to Firefox about a month or two ago. Good timing eh?
                        Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

CERT has sent an advisory with a recommendation for users to switch to Firfox, Mozilla or Opera.
                          vB Drupal Community Plumbing | vB Survey | vBusy | vB Spell | vBouncer

Comment

Working...
                          X