FrontPage Boards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FrontPage Boards?

I'm looking for a board (or references in general) with members familiar with FrontPage 98. I have a javascript that works fine on it's own but when I insert it as a bot into another page, I get a message indicating that the functions are not defined.

Grrrr, I really hate FrontPage!

We have a lot of members familiar with FrontPage 98 and 2000 at SitePoint.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

thanks!

Comment

why struggle with frontpage?

Just go to www.macromedia.com and download a free demo version of Dreamweaver 4. It'll make your life easier....

Comment

I have UltraDev. Unfortunately, FrontPage 98 (not even 2000!) is the official standard and thus I am not supposed to use Ultradev...even though it was my company that bought me a copy of UltraDev in the first place! Oh, the joys of intranet development!

Comment

Aren't Standards a pain in the .....

I could get let go if the Network Admins in Topeka, KS. Realized I had not one but 6 non-standard browsers on my PCs here at work....
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Yes, standards are almost always a pain. However, I did just get some good news the other day. vBulletin 1.1.5 has been made the official global standard. Of course, now I have to convince them to change that to 2.0.

At least I have quite a bit of flexibility when it comes to installed software. All I have to do is claim that I am evaluating it. I love being in my department!

Unfortunately, using UltraDev is pushing my luck since it's a hot topic right now.

Comment

twerp

Stuck with FP '98... You have my complete and utter sympathy. Even FP 2000 is pretty lousy....

Comment

Aren't I though

I haven't used FP2000 yet to compare, but it'd have to be really bad to compare to the wretchedness of 98. I'm thinking that I'm going to go ahead and just use UltraDev and leave it at that. What they don't know wont hurt them!

Comment

Oh my god, FP98. There is NO worse html editing software than that crap. FP98 was the one piece of software that drove me away from Micro$oft web development tools forever.

Don't you just love how it mangles up all of your code and then add new tags in all sorts of strange places without your permission? Uuurrrrrrrggggggggg... Thinking about it gives me the chills. I had to spend double the time to make things work, compared to how things are now with Dreamweaver.

Oh and you gotta try out Microsoft's Visual InterDev (part of Visual Studio). That piece of mothefscking [email protected]#%#^&%#^#% junk is even worse than FP98! You design a page with that thing and it'll forcefully insert stupid "style:" and "position:" css code everywhere. In your tables, in your image tags... EVERYWHERE! Even though you've used regular html to set the width/height of images/tables, they'll just add that extra junk in. And the beautiful part of it is when you think you're finished and then open up your page in Netscape. Oh my god! I can faint just thinking about those days...
                    Well, there it is.
                    - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

Now, tell us how you really feel

Can you please avoid using such foul language (like Mico$oft and any of thier products). I'd hate for my boss to walk by and see such profane language. Even worse, I would hate for him to walk by and get any ideas.

Comment

If you wanna see me yelling, install FrontPage on my comp.

<knock, knock>

- What's up?
                        - Calm down, pal. Someone's just knocking on a backdoor in FrontPage.

Comment

But then this is not technically my computer, I don't technically own the site, and security is not my problem. I'm just a lowly grunt doing intranet pages for another department.

Comment

Maybe..

You could do all the work in ultradev and then fake the header information so it looks like you used the ever crappy FrontPage....

Comment

Nadine,
                              I don't know if you have Visual Studio 6 (latest version) in your office or not, but if you do. Try it out to see what I mean by "junk". After that maybe you won't hate fp as much anymore. Or love it more... hee hee..
                              Well, there it is.
                              - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X