Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    honestly nowadays what are the chances you can clean a virus out of an email?

Leave a comment:

• boutwell
    replied
    According to the comparison charts, they detect but do not clean viruses on the free accounts...they do both on their "plus" accounts...

Leave a comment:

• andrew johnson
    replied
    Antivirus is still there in free service - yahoo didn't say they removed but they state they want protect all users and free people

Leave a comment:

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    Originally posted by ragintajin
    Oooh, this just made the email battle interesting...

So now Yahoo! Mail Plus offers 2GB, Antivirus, SpamGuard AND AddressGuard...seems to me Yahoo put themselves over the top...for now. God bless captialism/competition.
    Unfortunately the Antivirus was pulled from the free service. So was pop3...

Leave a comment:

• kyk0
    replied
    Good to see competition working so quickly. I haven't used Yahoo for many years!

Leave a comment:

• boutwell
    replied
    Is that DDOS attack still going on? I can't seem to get Yahoo Mail to come up right now actually

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Yeah, it has worked well since I got it a couple years ago. It has never been down.

Leave a comment:

• boutwell
    replied
    Have you been happy with the service Jake? I think they lowered it to $20 now...that is what I am considering doing.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Oops, I thought gmail supported POP.

Anyways, I pay $30 / year for POP access with my Yahoo account.

Leave a comment:

• Vile
    replied
    Originally posted by BillaBongUSA
    Holy crap! That is monstrous!
    Same as GMail.

Leave a comment:

• boutwell
    replied
    You can get pop access to any Yahoo account using a third party app...but it's using a third party app

GMail doens't support POP yet either though Their FAQ says they might some day but there may be a charge for it (or that what it said back when I looked it up).

With the new Yahoo changes, I am considering doing their "personalized" mail option along with their "plus" as long as I can retain all but the MX entries on my domain. I am still using MailEnable standard on my server and would love to have real web-mail again
    Last edited by boutwell; Tue 15th Jun '04, 5:35pm.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Still no free POP access? I wouldn't mind IMAP either, but you can't hold them to it because gmail doesn't support IMAP.

Leave a comment:

• anjam
    replied
    Originally posted by Breaker
    u can get 20MB for $5... most likely change knowing them
    Yeh, suppose your right! But 20MB lol thats just down right rubbish for this day and age lol. People are going to start sending 20MB attachments etc

Leave a comment:

• Breaker
    replied
    Originally posted by anjam
    Guess were just waiting for hotmails reaction/changes now
    u can get 20MB for $5... most likely change knowing them

Leave a comment:

• BillaBongUSA
    replied
    Originally posted by Shining Arcanine
    Yahoo claims we can now send monster sized files... up to 10MB. Obviously they don't know some people very well. lol
    Holy crap! That is monstrous!

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X