No announcement yet.

Yahoo Mail Gets New Look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yahoo claims we can now send monster sized files... up to 10MB. Obviously they don't know some people very well. lol

Comment

Guess were just waiting for hotmails reaction/changes now

Comment

Oooh, this just made the email battle interesting...

So now Yahoo! Mail Plus offers 2GB, Antivirus, SpamGuard AND AddressGuard...seems to me Yahoo put themselves over the top...for now. God bless captialism/competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine
          Yahoo claims we can now send monster sized files... up to 10MB. Obviously they don't know some people very well. lol
          Holy crap! That is monstrous!
          http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by anjam
            Guess were just waiting for hotmails reaction/changes now
            u can get 20MB for $5... most likely change knowing them
            Unlike most, I don't think I'm always right, if I'm wrong, CORRECT me.... providing you have some evidence

Comment

Originally posted by Breaker
              u can get 20MB for $5... most likely change knowing them
              Yeh, suppose your right! But 20MB lol thats just down right rubbish for this day and age lol. People are going to start sending 20MB attachments etc

Comment

Still no free POP access? I wouldn't mind IMAP either, but you can't hold them to it because gmail doesn't support IMAP.

Comment

You can get pop access to any Yahoo account using a third party app...but it's using a third party app

GMail doens't support POP yet either though Their FAQ says they might some day but there may be a charge for it (or that what it said back when I looked it up).

With the new Yahoo changes, I am considering doing their "personalized" mail option along with their "plus" as long as I can retain all but the MX entries on my domain. I am still using MailEnable standard on my server and would love to have real web-mail again
                  Last edited by boutwell; Tue 15th Jun '04, 6:35pm.

Comment

Originally posted by BillaBongUSA
                    Holy crap! That is monstrous!
                    Same as GMail.
                    Webmaster / Administrator
                    www.MegaGames.com
                    www.MGForums.com

Comment

Oops, I thought gmail supported POP.

Anyways, I pay $30 / year for POP access with my Yahoo account.

Comment

Have you been happy with the service Jake? I think they lowered it to $20 now...that is what I am considering doing.

Comment

Yeah, it has worked well since I got it a couple years ago. It has never been down.

Comment

Is that DDOS attack still going on? I can't seem to get Yahoo Mail to come up right now actually

Comment

Good to see competition working so quickly. I haven't used Yahoo for many years!
                              Australia's Design Community

Comment

Originally posted by ragintajin
                                Oooh, this just made the email battle interesting...

So now Yahoo! Mail Plus offers 2GB, Antivirus, SpamGuard AND AddressGuard...seems to me Yahoo put themselves over the top...for now. God bless captialism/competition.
                                Unfortunately the Antivirus was pulled from the free service. So was pop3...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X