Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have picked many viruses (not effecting my PC) off hotmail and yahoo after saying they are clean I had a lady ask me if she got a virus and when I looked in her email . sure enough it was in .doc and .scr files and yet hotmail claimed they were clean

so don't count on that
    To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
    My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
    CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
    Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

People who open attachments they aren't expecting or off people they don't know only have themselves to blame for opening the files
      Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C
        People who open attachments they aren't expecting or off people they don't know only have themselves to blame for opening the files
        Keep in mind that having for example outlook on your system can get you a virus on your system already, without even opening your outlook email.

Comment

whats outlook? lol .. that thing is just saying come and get me.. never use it

I don't even trust email from me let alone from others
          To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
          My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
          CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
          Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
            Keep in mind that having for example outlook on your system can get you a virus on your system already, without even opening your outlook email.
            So your saying all I need to do is install outlook and I can get a virus? Outlook and Outlook Express have been working just fine for me ever since Office97. It is another one of the "it's the user using the software rather than the software" cases.
            Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

I need one please if you can send me an invitation.

Thanks

Comment

Most viruses imitate people they know these days...
                TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

Originally posted by cirisme
                  Most viruses imitate people they know these days...
                  Yes but do you randomnly get your friends sending you attachments?

Comment

It's interesting to see how fast a thread's topic changes from 'i want a gmail-account' to 'email viruses and how they spread'...

Interesting and sad at the same time

The 'contest' is not over yet and so i ask you to stay on topic
                    That's the end of that!

Comment

Hmm wonder when the next set of invites are? Ive got 1 left but I need so am selling it for no less than $20 , course I dont know if anyone wants one that badly lol

Comment

Yes but do you randomnly get your friends sending you attachments?
                        Yes. Usually with the subject line, "So cool! Forward to everyone you know..."

I don't open them(and I wouldn't forward them if my life depended on it!), but I know a lot of people who do, unfortuneatly.
                        TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

Well then my logic is that there are too many naive people out there

Comment

Stop picking on me

Comment

Hehe admission is the first step to recovery floris

Comment

Hehe admission is the first step to recovery floris
                                Dean, pretty off-topic but is that avatar you?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X