• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **** Version 2.3.3

can you tell me what is this piece of software:

**** Version 2.3.3

two links:

[links removed]
    Last edited by Floris; Tue 15 Jun '04, 2:17am.

the faq

at least the faq contains "Sky-blue pink with yellow spots"

Comment

My uneducated guess is that **** is a modified vBulletin release that is circulating the illegal software circuits...

Comment

Pirated version of vBulletin.

URL removed from your post.
        I reported it to www.vbulletin.com/piracy.php

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
          Pirated version of vBulletin.

URL removed from your post.
          I reported it to www.vbulletin.com/piracy.php
          btw,
          the removed url's was google search AND the possibly "home" of this "release".

10x Floris, i really did not know do i need to report it.

wwell edi
          PS i live in bulgaria, yes, and there is quite pirated software around in our country, but even for my nerves is too much to see stealing software it THAT way (_replacing_ copyright info). this something that no one must tolerate in any way, it is not just "pirated" ...

Comment

Rebranding software breaks DMCA too, and distributing the software too, both are in one chapter for me: piracy

Thank you for explaining what the URLs were, I kind of figured it myself - but to prevent potential customers to read this read and click the URL and provoke them to not make a purchase but join the dark side is not what we want The URLs you posted have been reported and we will do our best to fight such crimes.

If you find more sites that you suspect distribute vBulletin or rebranded-vbulletin or just not running with a valid license, feel free to report them.

Comment

Yes countries which the owners reside in might not have strict copyright laws but the servers will probably be hosted in a country which does enforce them.
              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

about the strict laws - in bg we have a quite punish-even-the-innocent procedure (the police can confiscate computer/servers/disks/other equipment for months just for investigation). it does not mean that this scheme does work after all against the piracy.

i wonder if this "****" is a payed release or just a method to distribute pirated software, claiming that the software belongs to some myth company.

personally, some pirating, especially among people who would never pay for some reason for their personal site is not as bad as this **** case.
                for example, it is good to have some research before, hm, buying vbulletin or photopost for example.

wwell edi
                PS 4sure, vbulletin would not receive such "attention" if it was not a great piece of software.
                Last edited by edi; Fri 18 Jun '04, 7:49am.

Comment

If they sell it, imagine all those users paying with credit card, providing this fake company their private details without knowing what will be done with it.

Not saying they do so, just thinking outloud.

Comment

or even get a backdoored code, for example.

Originally posted by Floris
                    If they sell it, imagine all those users paying with credit card, providing this fake company their private details without knowing what will be done with it.

Not saying they do so, just thinking outloud.

Comment

**** is a release group. They'll be exposed sooner or later
                      Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

if you mean a warez release, it is not common for such groups to (re)place a _copyright_ message it this way... if you get my point. this case sucks from any point of view.

wwell edi

Originally posted by Dean C

Comment

No not a release - **** is a release group. A name for a group of pirates
                          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

correction

if you mean a warez release [group], it is not common for such groups to (re)place a _copyright_ message it this way... if you get my point. this case sucks from any point of view. especially "pre-purchase testing", and also "non-paying fans" or "not-able-to-pay fans". simply, plainly, SUX. this is not _even_ stealing/warez release/code rip/feature stealing... and this things are not a _details_.

the worst "detail" is not related with the fact that vbulletin is commercial.

wwell edi
                            PS let's not go off-topic too much.
                            PS/2 sorry, i can not always quickly find the right words in english. can i post my short un-censored feelings about this "group" in bulgarian (cp1251) here?
                            Last edited by edi; Mon 21 Jun '04, 1:58am.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C
                              God, Dean, I hope so

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X