Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FireFox .9 RC1

is out...
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

and so is mozilla 1.7 rc3

Comment

short news are good news
      That's the end of that!

Comment

w00tage, almost time to upgrade from .7. I did'nt go to .8 because my extentions did'nt work with it, but I had it for testing purposes.

Comment

I don't use ext. - which ones do you use, why and is it worth it?

Comment

I use many, I could'nt list them all. I don't install anything I don't directly need tho.

If you want I could compile a list for you, but not right now as im in the middle of something. I've also done many tweaks to change the overall display of firebird, and a few to make pages render better (ganna have to re-do them when I get dsl)

Comment

I only have one ext. and it is the web developer tool bar which I think it very helpful when debugging some problems.

If anyone has downloaded it yet FireFox .9 has a new default style. It seems like a lot of people are giving them a hard time over it as well. I think the new style is very simplistic and nice looking although I will probably switch back to orbit blue when they upgrade their style to the new version.
              Surrix.net: Computer help forums/articles

The person in my avatar is Elisha Cuthbert she plays on Fox's 24

Comment

The only extension I used that wasn't compatible was the Googlebar one, but that's easily replaced and worked around.

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
                http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment

Originally posted by Surrix
                  I only have one ext. and it is the web developer tool bar which I think it very helpful when debugging some problems.

If anyone has downloaded it yet FireFox .9 has a new default style. It seems like a lot of people are giving them a hard time over it as well. I think the new style is very simplistic and nice looking although I will probably switch back to orbit blue when they upgrade their style to the new version.
                  New theme?
                  This is how it looked the last time and how it looks right now .. am I missing something?
                  FireFox default 2.0 theme is what it says it is using.

[edit]
                  Added mozilla 1.7 rc3 theme that i use.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Floris; Wed 9 Jun '04, 11:00am.

Comment

Can someone post a screenshot of the new theme? I can't find any anywhere.

On another note, you should all use the Adblock extension. I almost never ever see any advertising banners. If I do, I just add a new filter for it if it is something I will likely come across again or on a site I will visit frequently.

Another good one is flashblock it will replace all flash elements with a button to press if you want it to play.

Comment

they need to update the installer, it says 0.8. installer (yes, it did install 0.9)

Comment

hm, i installed 0.9 and my extensions are broken...

edit: the extension works! -> http://www.chrispederick.com/work/firefox/webdeveloper/
                        Last edited by MrNase; Wed 9 Jun '04, 12:34pm.
                        That's the end of that!

Comment

They updated the Extension API so you'll need to make sure that all your extensions are updated.

I'm posting from 0.9RC on Fedora Core 2. i didn't like the new theme so i'm back using Qute which was downloaded from the authors website.
                          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Has anybody grabbed the Mac OS version? The zip says it's 0.9RC but the version number on the application bundle and in the about window both say 0.9; I also don't notice anything different.

Does anybody else have this sudo-problem?
                            Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

The old (yet new) default theme, Qute, is now available as a standalone theme on Arvid Axelsson's site.
                              "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                              "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                              Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X