I can't believe what just happened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe what just happened

I thought the days of propaganda trucks blearing out political messages was left behind in the days of early-communist russia and nazi germany. Low and behold whilst sitting on my bed reading my maths book, I hear someone blurting out something via a loudspeaker. I looked out my room and saw nothing. Two minutes later a pink and yellow truck from the UK independence party comes down the road in its propaganda truck preaching its political messages lol. (Note: our local elections are on friday )

I just can't believe this still goes on, particularly on a quiet suburban road like mine!
    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

We have a sticker on our mailbox to not insert unsolliciated, unaddressed snail mail. It works, but those political flyers still get forced down your throat every year.

Comment

I havent seen anything like this yet (unfortunatly). A yellow nad pink bus sounds like a strange sight.

Comment

I've never seen anything like that before, a bit extreme. Posters through mail is about as far as politicians go in Australia.

Comment

Yeah, we got these last time too, still waiting for it this time.

Comment

I never saw that in germany even though there are elections on next sunday.

I've seen something similar in my holiday in turkey. There was a red-blue-white bus driving on the beach.
            I guess it was because the major was elected but iam not quite sure since i can't understand turkish.
            That's the end of that!

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
              We have a sticker on our mailbox to not insert unsolliciated, unaddressed snail mail. It works, but those political flyers still get forced down your throat every year.
              Have to use a sticker huh? Here in the U.S. it is illegal to put anything in a mailbox unless you are an employee of the U.S. Postal Service. Doesn't mean we don't get the flyers... They just pay postage on them.

However, locally, we only get junkmail on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and it usually simply goes in the recycle bin without a second glance.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                Have to use a sticker huh? Here in the U.S. it is illegal to put anything in a mailbox unless you are an employee of the U.S. Postal Service. Doesn't mean we don't get the flyers... They just pay postage on them.
                Or they put them on your door handle for free.

Comment

We don't get anything like that. Just oodles of tv ad's that don't tell you anything about the canidate that is putting them out, just bad things about the canidate they are running agenst.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
                    Or they put them on your door handle for free.
                    Yup, or they put it in the rungs of my bannister on my steps. Always for the same terrible Chinese food restaurant...

h

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke

However, locally, we only get junkmail on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and it usually simply goes in the recycle bin without a second glance.
                      It is the postal delivery guy that puts in the spam - if you have a sticker, they won't.

Comment

hah, I forgot to mention, reading this thread instantly made me think about the midget with the broom from the movie 'o brother where art tho?'. Now if somebody did something like that I would defently vote for them lol.

Comment

Working...
                        X