Which of these 2 x800 cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of these 2 x800 cards?

Since the shipment got stolen, I didn't receive my x800 card today .. maybe tomorrow, maybe next week - I have to wait now.

But since I will have a choice this time, which one would be better?

The store could tell me the asus one is a full retail, but they didn't have the full info on the sapphire one. I have good experiences with asus, so it is my initial choice, but since the sapphire one is 50$ cheaper .. I just have no clue. In the end, I am sure both are fine.

Note: Please don't start about nVidia based cards, I have no interest in purchasing the 200$ higher in price 6800. Or order it from another store. Thank you :P

Please vote, and please comment to explain why you voted for the asus or sapphire card.
    ASUS AX800 PRO /TD, 256 MB
    50.00%
    Sapphire RADEON X800 PRO, 256 MB
    50.00%

I own a Sapphire 9800Pro and love it to death. If you've got the money though, go with the Asus card. It will have better memory and higher speeds most likely. Sapphire does make really good cards, but they also make poor cards that look good. I would just compare clock speeds and read reviews, but your best bet is going to be Asus.

Also, are you getting a x800Pro? If so, you should strongly consider bridging the closed pipes to get the full 16.
    Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

I'm a big fan of Sapphire, I've had 2 of their cards and loved them. OTOH, I've heard good things about Asus, but never owned one personally. I'd save the $50, personally

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
      http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment

If you have a newer ATI card, 9800Pro or above, take a look at this. Great deal if you ask me.

http://mirror.ati.com/buy/traderebate/tradeup.html
        Last edited by tgillespie; Tue 8 Jun '04, 3:49pm.
        Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Its not worth the 50 bucks off they give you. you can resell your used card for at least 100.

Comment

The shop said the gpu, ramdac, ram, etc are the same, both have tv out and both have no video-in (according to them).

It is the pro card, the xt won't be out for a while and will cost over my budget. I don't need 16 pipes, the x800 se edition would have been enough for me.

Comment

asus

Comment

what a shipment got stolen! a few weeks back a shipment of OCZ EB ram was stolen heading down to Australia as well!

so somewhere in this world there's a crate full of OCZ EB ram as well as X800Pros

any news reports/articles of the stolen X800Pro shipment ?

as to which card, grab the Sapphire X800Pro it can be modded to X800XT and enable full 16 pipelines - i know a few people who have done this heh
                :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                  The shop said the gpu, ramdac, ram, etc are the same, both have tv out and both have no video-in (according to them).

It is the pro card, the xt won't be out for a while and will cost over my budget. I don't need 16 pipes, the x800 se edition would have been enough for me.
                  Well if everything is identical then I don't see why you should shell out $50 more for just the Asus-name painted on the card

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
                    what a shipment got stolen! a few weeks back a shipment of OCZ EB ram was stolen heading down to Australia as well!

so somewhere in this world there's a crate full of OCZ EB ram as well as X800Pros

any news reports/articles of the stolen X800Pro shipment ?

as to which card, grab the Sapphire X800Pro it can be modded to X800XT and enable full 16 pipelines - i know a few people who have done this heh
                    I have no articles / reports on this - just the word of the shop.

Comment

Actually Eva..the word on the distribution channel is that several shipments were intercepted on the way out from China. That's why basically all retailers in the US have no EB Stock.
                      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Have you considered the MSI, Floris?
                        http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p...D256&class=vga
                        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Okay the official word is this. I finally got a hold of someone at OCZ in regards to this memory crisis.

There were "NO STOLEN SHIPMENTS". The reason for no stock was because the Chip Manufacturers (WinBond, Hynix(sp?)) both change the lithographs (made them smaller) and increased the size of the wafer. They did it simulataneously on OCZ without advance notice and it messed up their entire production.

I'll have more in the morning after a product meeting at OCZ is finished.

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                            Have you considered the MSI, Floris?
                            http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p...D256&class=vga
                            I wouldn't mind more choice, but I rather want to chooce between what they would actually get in the stores here.

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                              Okay the official word is this. I finally got a hold of someone at OCZ in regards to this memory crisis.

There were "NO STOLEN SHIPMENTS". The reason for no stock was because the Chip Manufacturers (WinBond, Hynix(sp?)) both change the lithographs (made them smaller) and increased the size of the wafer. They did it simulataneously on OCZ without advance notice and it messed up their entire production.

I'll have more in the morning after a product meeting at OCZ is finished.
                              yikes someone must be pee'd off about this!
                              :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                              :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                              :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X