No announcement yet.

Question about converting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of database does it have? Flat file or mysql or oracle? ..
    If it is mysql, can't you use phpmyadmin to make a .sql dump? Or through shell?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin
      I've often wondered how many people we've rescued() from the competition. This is for my own curiousity.

Feel free to post why you switched and whether you still feel it was a good move. Maybe we could use the contructive feedback to improve even more
      Curosity killed the cat Martin..
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Martin
        I've often wondered how many people we've rescued() from the competition. This is for my own curiousity.

Feel free to post why you switched and whether you still feel it was a good move. Maybe we could use the contructive feedback to improve even more
        Yup I moved from ipb to vbulletin. openly stating the reason being..
        there was no proper support for hacks etc. provided by ipb unofficial sites

I had major problems, with a few mods.
        (although i wasnt a paid members of ipb)

@ the sametime, vb 3.0 got released and i had to decide to switch to it, coz it has many great features already inbuilt which where to be hacked/added under ipb.

Although, i had big problems converting the forums.
        (as i had more then 50+ hacks for ipb installed ) which nearly changed the database a lot

Luckily, i found a coder not from vb.com or vb.org or any vb sites
        he is just a php/mysql guru
        who helped me convert the database to vb format

Sandy...
        TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Comment

Ezboard -> Ikonboard 2.19 -> UBB(.classic) 6.x -> vB -> Garbage Can

Comment

CuteCast

We are in the process of switching from cutecast to VB3

Just waiting for a conversion script. then we will shut down cutecast
            Tom (GrandPa)
            n1kio
            http://www.badbadrubberpiggy.com
            An Invader Zim website and forum.

Comment

i came from others. yabb cgi then yabbse then phpbb then back to yabbse and also ezboard many years ago. my fav would have been the yabb cgi version as i hosted my site on cory's hosting service as well. and i feel the community with both yabb and yabbse and now SMF is very friendly and very much like vbulletin team and community. i just wanted the features and developement plan that vbulletin had to offer more.

Comment

Went vBulletin after being disappointed with the initial release of UBB 6.x around 3 or 4 years ago (not sure how long) ... vB2 was just a couple weeks fresh from release during the time, I think.

I was using UBB 5.x for more than year and actually liked it a lot until they upgraded it to 6.x, and it brought me nothing but headaches. So I checked the competitor, loved the template system, and I've been with "them" ever since
                Last edited by Tolitz; Wed 23 Jun '04, 10:12pm.
                OPEN TECH SUPPORT
                "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X