• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess McDonalds assumes, they don't attract the brightest customers :D

Not sure how old this is...
    Attached Files
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

People sued them for being fat, what do you think.
    Last edited by Zachery; Tue 25 May '04, 6:31am.

Comment

It's not that they are dumb, it's that they are sue-happy.

I worked at a McDonalds for about 18 months. We had customers trying all sorts of scams.

Comment

I honestly think it shows a lack of judgment on their end, ontop of that, it can only happen once, and only the first lawsuit will win.

Im suprised it took someone that long to do it, makes me wish i would have sooner in my life

Comment

They have to conform to health and safety regulations. This is just one way of them avoiding lawsuits.
          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

But does that mean you can pour it on your arm and it won't hurt? I am going to try and then sue them if it does.
            Christopher Padfield
            Web Based Helpdesk
            DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

Originally posted by chrispadfield
              But does that mean you can pour it on your arm and it won't hurt? I am going to try and then sue them if it does.

Comment

Its photoshoppee the wy the text is fits just perfectly notice how it isnt halve round the cup or slightly cut off, yet seems to be out of place with the rest of the cups design

Comment

But it's the principle ^^ It's like on a TCP bottle - it says "don't rinse eyes"
                  Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund
                    Not sure how old this is...
                    Actually the wording on their hot cups is there by court decree. Not sure though if that is their exact wording because I am not a customer of theirs.

It seems though about 15-20 years ago, a older woman purchased a cup of coffee at the drive through, placed the cup between her legs and drove off. The coffee spilled and she suffered 2nd and 3rd degree on her legs. She ended up suing and winning because there was no was no such warning label that coffee might be hot on the cup.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                      She ended up suing and winning because there was no was no such warning label that coffee might be hot on the cup.
                      That's so lame.

Guess what... jumping off of a bridge might result in injury. There should be a warning.

durrrr

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
                        Guess what... jumping off of a bridge might result in injury. There should be a warning.
                        Actually, There are a couple of overpasses where I live that have such warning signs. Something like "Jumping from this point may cause injury and/or death".
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

The kids cough medicine is the best.
                          "Do not take and drive, this medicine causes drowseiness"
                          Just keeping in mind this is for the under 5's here.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                            Actually, There are a couple of overpasses where I live that have such warning signs. Something like "Jumping from this point may cause injury and/or death".
                            omg

Comment

Originally posted by chrispadfield
                              LOL
                              MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                              Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X