Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, ive got flooding, power surges, and you say at least it couldnt get worse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, ive got flooding, power surges, and you say at least it couldnt get worse...

wrong...

Today my box was hacked into, and now i get to do an OS reload, im having such a fun and wonderfull week!

Damn that sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
      wrong...

Today my box was hacked into, and now i get to do an OS reload, im having such a fun and wonderfull week!
      How was it hacked?

Comment

Not quiet sure, still talking with the Server Matrix about it.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, what operating system and system software were you using?
          Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

RHE and cPanel :/

Comment

RHE and cPanel :/
              What Antivirus software and Firewall were you using?
              (I'm curious as well)

Comment

Neither at the time, ill be looking into using some next go around.

Ive never had a problem with virus's on any of my windows boxes, and im mainly hosting my own sites on this server, and i didnt think anyone had a reason to be out to get me. >< bad judgement on my part i guess.

Comment

The first thing I would do is remove cpanel.

Comment

Sadly brad i cant, Im not good enough with linux to run it my self and ive really liked cpanel as long as ive been hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.loo
                      The first thing I would do is remove cpanel.
                      I hate Cpanel for this very reason, unstable, but I don't think I could go without it being that my customers need some way to interact with their account. Zachery on the other hand should be able to do without Cpanel being that its his personal box. Apache and MySQL is probably all he really needs.
                      Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

I happen to like cpanel, and i host a few friends cpanel for me is simpiler to manage the sites that i host on the box that it is to try to setup each one by hand for me.

Comment

Neither at the time, ill be looking into using some next go around.

Ive never had a problem with virus's on any of my windows boxes, and im mainly hosting my own sites on this server, and i didnt think anyone had a reason to be out to get me. >< bad judgement on my part i guess.
                          Maybe you could consider looking into Windows 2003 Server, you should like it.

Comment

Checked out Ensim lately?
                            :)

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel
                              Checked out Ensim lately?
                              Dont like Ensim seen too many bad servers with it.

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine
                              Maybe you could consider looking into Windows 2003 Server, you should like it.
                              I do like it for my own home server, but i dont like IIS

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X