X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cirisme
    replied
    Originally posted by Shining Arcanine
    The question isn't whether it is practical, it is whether or not it can be hacked.
    The only way such a program would be "hack-proof" would be if it were written as an embedded system, otherwise you have holes in the language you're using, the network libraries, the OS, any extra stuff you have on there that is unnecessary, and even the device drivers.

The only way this could be "unhackable" is if it was hardwired on a circuit board connected directly to the network and even then your schematic has to be perfect.

Of course, if no one wants to hack you... is it really "unhackable"?

Leave a comment:

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    Originally posted by tgillespie
    But is that practical in today's world? A program that outputs a few letters? Yes I understand that it's hack proof but consider what you are talking about.
    The question isn't whether it is practical, it is whether or not it can be hacked.

Leave a comment:

• tgillespie
    replied
    Originally posted by Shining Arcanine
    He is right.
    But is that practical in today's world? A program that outputs a few letters? Yes I understand that it's hack proof but consider what you are talking about.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    Originally posted by nemesis01
    yeh, poor microsoft, however will they get over this travesty, bring back hanging i say.
    Actually,, it was a patch that let them in fix a bug, create potentially 5 more <--bugs

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris Schreiber
    Yeah, I'm having the same problem, just started happening recently although I thought it was just me. Error 0x800C0008 which tell me to check the time, which of course is correct already. I also noticed that some https sites now generate an error that "Revocation information for the security certificate for this site is not available. Do you want to proceed?", although the same sites work without warnings from other computers.

I'm running Win2003 Enterprise with all patches/hotfixes.

I did find a workaround to accessing Windows Update is to use a proxy server.... doing it this way will detect which updates you need and let you download them.
    Its still down for you two, as of 8:20 EST, is that correct?

It should be accessable now, except persons running XP_SP2, may still have the redirect issue

Theyre are no critical updates however , as of the middle of last week
    Last edited by Joe Gronlund; Tue 25 May '04, 4:42am.

Leave a comment:

• nemesis01
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris
    Abuse always happens. I hope Microsoft takes action against the defacers and patch their web server software.
    yeh, poor microsoft, however will they get over this travesty, bring back hanging i say.

Leave a comment:

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    Originally posted by tgillespie
    You are joking, right?
    He is right.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Schreiber
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. HillBilly
    Off topic question....

Is anyone having problems with windows update? Mine just locks up for a bit then says my current time is incorrect. But my time is what it should be.
    Yeah, I'm having the same problem, just started happening recently although I thought it was just me. Error 0x800C0008 which tell me to check the time, which of course is correct already. I also noticed that some https sites now generate an error that "Revocation information for the security certificate for this site is not available. Do you want to proceed?", although the same sites work without warnings from other computers.

I'm running Win2003 Enterprise with all patches/hotfixes.

I did find a workaround to accessing Windows Update is to use a proxy server.... doing it this way will detect which updates you need and let you download them.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Tom|HT
    I wouldn't say that, surely you can write a very simple network program that does nothing but echo back what you send it (e.g echo), that has no flaw.
    Note the word benifit

Leave a comment:

• tgillespie
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom|HT
    I wouldn't say that, surely you can write a very simple network program that does nothing but echo back what you send it (e.g echo), that has no flaw.
    You are joking, right?

Leave a comment:

• RichM
    replied
    Okay I have emailed The Mirror (One of the big tabloid newspapers in the UK)
    Maybe they will look into it.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    Originally posted by megahard
    I have no idea if this is a joke, if it's old or whatever, I only just found out:

http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/uk/

edit:

it's been removed I am guessing, but for anybody who missed it:
    Nope no joke...
    Has even already been indexed into google,

Leave a comment:

• RichM
    replied
    Hmm odd indeed. This should have made it to the news.
    Somebody ring up The Sun/Mirror! (Seriously)
    http://www.zone-h.org/defaced/2004/0...cataio.com.br/

Leave a comment:

• Tom|HT
    replied
    Originally posted by Brad.loo
    Anything can be hacked, it just takes time and some sort of benifit.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. HillBilly
    replied
    Off topic question....

Is anyone having problems with windows update? Mine just locks up for a bit then says my current time is incorrect. But my time is what it should be.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X