Microsoft hacked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Floris
    Abuse always happens. I hope Microsoft takes action against the defacers and patch their web server software.
    yeh, poor microsoft, however will they get over this travesty, bring back hanging i say.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Schreiber
      Yeah, I'm having the same problem, just started happening recently although I thought it was just me. Error 0x800C0008 which tell me to check the time, which of course is correct already. I also noticed that some https sites now generate an error that "Revocation information for the security certificate for this site is not available. Do you want to proceed?", although the same sites work without warnings from other computers.

I'm running Win2003 Enterprise with all patches/hotfixes.

I did find a workaround to accessing Windows Update is to use a proxy server.... doing it this way will detect which updates you need and let you download them.
      Its still down for you two, as of 8:20 EST, is that correct?

It should be accessable now, except persons running XP_SP2, may still have the redirect issue

Theyre are no critical updates however , as of the middle of last week
      Last edited by Joe Gronlund; Tue 25 May '04, 4:42am.
      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis01
        yeh, poor microsoft, however will they get over this travesty, bring back hanging i say.
        Actually,, it was a patch that let them in fix a bug, create potentially 5 more <--bugs
        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine
          He is right.
          But is that practical in today's world? A program that outputs a few letters? Yes I understand that it's hack proof but consider what you are talking about.
          Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Originally posted by tgillespie
            But is that practical in today's world? A program that outputs a few letters? Yes I understand that it's hack proof but consider what you are talking about.
            The question isn't whether it is practical, it is whether or not it can be hacked.

Comment

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine
              The question isn't whether it is practical, it is whether or not it can be hacked.
              The only way such a program would be "hack-proof" would be if it were written as an embedded system, otherwise you have holes in the language you're using, the network libraries, the OS, any extra stuff you have on there that is unnecessary, and even the device drivers.

The only way this could be "unhackable" is if it was hardwired on a circuit board connected directly to the network and even then your schematic has to be perfect.

Of course, if no one wants to hack you... is it really "unhackable"?
              TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X