This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sister with Ulcerative Colitis; herb treatment

My sister was diagnosed with UC, Ulcerative Colitis, last year and has been on meds ever since. Both my parents and sister are tired of pill after pill after pill and would like some way to treat the problem, not mask it. I know that Wayne specializes in herb studies and treatment, and I was wondering if I could get some people opinions on a certain treatment or alternative treatments for the disease.

My dad recently did some Google searching and found an herbal treatment called Molocure, which is an aloe extract. I am just looking for some outlook or incite to the Molocure pill. I don't want my parents to fall into a scam, but it would be nice to find a different way about attacking the problem; UC. I did some searching myself and found that about half of people say it’s a scam, and the other half say it works reasonably well. If anyone can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

She is currently taking prednisone and some other medications. If need be, I can find out exactly what she is taking.
    Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Regardless of what they say on the website, you should treat any herbal treatment just like a medical prescription. There are not very many issues with Aloe and it is good cure for wounds. I did turn up this
    Aloe latex may cause severe intestinal cramps or diarrhea. Aloe latex is not recommended for people with gastrointestinal illness, intestinal obstruction, appendicitis, or stomach pain. It may worsen ulcers, hemorrhoids, diverticulosis (small protruding sacs of the inner lining of the colon), colitis, or irritable bowel syndrome. Aloe latex may also cause nephritis (an inflammatory process in the kidneys).
    though am uncertain with how the latex fiber interacts or if it is part of the AMP formula they are promoting. You should take Aloe Vera compounds if you are diuretics (water reducers) or digoxin (heart medication) as it can seriously deplete potassium levels to dangerously small amounts. You will need to check with her doctors to see if any of her medications lower potassium levels as that would be a contraindication of using products derived from aloe.

A note as well, herbal products should not be seen as a quick fix or a replacement for prescribed medications. Herbs do not treat symptoms but help to make the body healthier over time. If she has critical problems now, her doctor is probably the best one to talk to. If your insurance covers holistic or alternative forms of treatment, take her to an herbalist or nutritionist locally to you as they would be able to ascertain the best diet and supplements to make her healthy again.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks Wayne. I will show this thread to them tomorrow and I know you are one to trust. You've given me great advice before so I will take your word again.
      Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Originally posted by tgillespie
        She is currently taking prednisone and some other medications. If need be, I can find out exactly what she is taking.

I have Crohn's and its close to UC.. I would have to agree, try to find another treatment other than prednisone, I had to keep taking it or I would end up in the hospital, after awhile it started to cause my veins to become weak, my heart to beat to fast. I finally had to have emergency surgery to remote 8 inches of my small intestine and my illial secal valve (sp?). Haven't really had any trouble since but I am still on some bad meds, Purinthol (chemo), Pentasa (anti-inflammitory), Limoitoal.

Give her my best wishes and hope she has a quick recovery!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X