Geforce FX 6800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geforce FX 6800

Any thoughts on when the Geforce FX 6800 will be out?
    1. No ATI hero worshipping
    2. No discussion of other products please

I know exactly what card I want, but can't find details on when it will be available directly to consumers (i.e., Alienware doesn't count).
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

You didn't mention that I can't rant. But I will keep it short.

I haven't seen one yet, but from what I understand it uses 2 slots, which is kind of a shame.

Having said that, they are supposed to be out this week, but I have no specific details. I live in Holland, so we are always last in line. Alienware indeed has that card, and the ati x800 (as so they claim), on nVidia.com there are some 'where to buy' sites for distributors, you migth want to browse through that.

It IS a nice card, but I will still buy the x800, unless the geforce 6800 is remark. less in price.

The ATI rediculously super edition card thread.
    Last edited by Floris; Mon 17 May '04, 4:08pm.

Comment

Nvidia went way overkill when aiming for ATI and still fell short. The card is amazing, but not worth the price at all, nor does it boast any leads in performance. Neither the X800 or 6800 deserve $400 price tag for now. With current games being pixel 2.0, I would buy a 5900 or 9800 a while after the new cards hit the market. You will probably have to wait 1 or 2 more months, but you will be saving $100-150. The only game to demo Pixel Shader 3.0 is FarCry, and that was just a demo. Nvidia is crying to the Far Cry devs to make a pixel 3.0 patch for the game. We'll see.

There are tons of reviews out there. They all say about the same thing:

Its requires to much power
      Very large (2 slots)
      Produces lots of heat
      Nvidia boasts about features that do not impact gaming

If you decided to go with the new card, 6800, I would wait at least 2 or 3 weeks after the first retail card is out, just so you can read reviews and get true gamer's opinions.
      Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

I am not getting a 6800 and have already chosen which card I want. I am not publicly stating it because it will bring on more debates.

Comment

As for a 6800 release or retail date, I don't know. I would probably guess really late May or really early June. Newegg has a X800 up for sale, so I guess retailers have had enough time to get chips onboard and out for sales.
          Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Last I heard it'd be available early June...

Comment

So, if I could get the card right now for $160 (about $10 lower than the lowest price for the card), I should still wait until at least early June until buying it?

Comment

I'd save the money and get a top of the line card rather than be blasted by with an older card when the newer ones come out. If you have something decent that plays games now, it shouldn't be too painful to wait a bit and get something better a little later.

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
                http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X