VBulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VBulletin

I was wondering what happens to someone who doesn't have a vB license, but is using vB on their server. Are they sued? If so about how much? Does Jelsoft even go after them?

Originally posted by RdK
    I was wondering what happens to someone who doesn't have a vB license, but is using vB on their server. Are they sued? If so about how much? Does Jelsoft even go after them?
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40279
    They are asked to remove it from their site, or purchase a license.

I suppose if they do not comply, legal action is taken.
    Webmaster / Administrator
    www.MegaGames.com
    www.MGForums.com

Comment

So basically you are warned before they take legal action, or do they take legal action right away?

Comment

Why do you want to know? To tell you the truth we prefer to surprise the pirates.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well I was wondering what action is taken, because it isn't fair if I buy a license and someone else goes and gets a copy from somewhere else that is not licensed. Anyways, I've found my answer.

Comment

We take every legal action we can to protect our copyrights. Believe it or not, we like it even less than you when someone steals vB.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by RdK
              Well I was wondering what action is taken, because it isn't fair if I buy a license and someone else goes and gets a copy from somewhere else that is not licensed. Anyways, I've found my answer.
              It isn’t fair when people steal cars and drive them around and not get caught and I have to pay for mine.

It isn’t fair when people steal cable/sat. TV and not get caught and I have to pay for mine.

It isn’t fair when people rob liquor stores , banks or peoples pensions to get free money and not get caught/punished when I have to work hard for every dime I get.

etc...

The world isn’t a fair place... it really just boils down to a persons morals.
              eqinterface.com | eq2interface.com | wowinterface.com
              vginterface.com | goBerserker.com
              7 Full vBulletin Lic.

Comment

The thing that people think they can get away with piracy on the internet is because it is the internet and just a .zip file they download.

Remember that legal steps are not taken on the internet, they happen in real life, with real people and real things are involved.

Vile said: You will get a warning .. and a choice

It is more like: You will get confronted .. and presented with your first and final options.

Comment

I downloaded vBulletin and tested it on my local server.
                  One week after i bought a license

I can imagine the following: It's early in the morning, you were drunk last night and you got a headache. The door bell is ringing, you get up, open the door and there they are. 2 men in black suits saying 'We want to talk to you'... It's up your mind what happens next, maybe the Jelsoft Special Forces just wanna have a chit chat
                  That's the end of that!

Comment

shhhh, your not sposed to tell them what we do

Comment

And I never said that .. I just pointed the guns.

Comment

LOL Same Here i test it in my localhost then i buy the license in the same day

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X