fire extinguisher question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fire extinguisher question

I just got sprayed in the face with a fire extinguisher like 15 minutes ago. The stuff went in my eye and mouth and I was just wondering if that stuff will screw my eyes or lungs up? What should I do?

Maybe call 911 15 minutes ago?

edit: I'm serious, do it, I would imagine generally eye and mouth contact are not good.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

It depends on the content of the extinguisher.

I would be seriously worried if it was a chemical fire extinguisher, but if it was just a general water based one, just call your poisons line asking what you should do.

But yes, you should have called emergency 15 minutes ago.

Comment

Originally posted by merk
        It depends on the content of the extinguisher.

I would be seriously worried if it was a chemical fire extinguisher, but if it was just a general water based one, just call your poisons line asking what you should do.

But yes, you should have called emergency 15 minutes ago.
        It was a chemical fire extinguisher. When the stuff went it my eyes I couldent see and my eyes were burning. I rinsed my eyes with water and I can see now and they dont burn but im still concerned about my eyes getting damaged.

Comment

By the time you read this post, you better have called the hospital and had them check you out

Interesting coincidence of you making this thread though, my chemistry class just had us take a lesson in using fire extinguishers on Tuesday

Comment

Call 911 or posin control, you should have done that as soon as you could see (or had someone else do it for you when it happened). Don't seek medical advice online!

Comment

If it's the powder one call the hospital IMMEDIATELY.

it actually makes your eyes shrink.

Comment

Originally posted by nebby
                If it's the powder one call the hospital IMMEDIATELY.

it actually makes your eyes shrink.
                really? I think it was the powder one. I never called the hospital or anyone I just rinsed my eyes with water. They seem to be fine.

Comment

Well it normally happens within an hour or so i beleive, so you should be fine.

I could be wrong, or thinking about something else though.

Comment

it danger! the eyes will start shrinking soon best get checked straight away

Comment

Originally posted by briangumble
                      really? I think it was the powder one. I never called the hospital or anyone I just rinsed my eyes with water. They seem to be fine.
                      I'm telling you for your own good, go get checked out.

Comment

You should not be seeking advice from people who do not know what they are talking about as their answer may not be correct. Obviously you don't want to be taking any risks so you should not rely upon their advice.
                        (Not saying nobody knows what they are talking about, but I am sure most of us here don't know much about it)

If I were you I'd go to the Hospital and get it checked out as they are the ones who would know best.

Comment

just wondering.... how did you manage to do this?

Comment

This crossed my mind to, im seeing looney toon flash backs of elmer looking down the end of his shotgun lol

Comment

Originally posted by rnawky
                              just wondering.... how did you manage to do this?
                              lol, my friends started talking about the fire extinguisher we have in our garage and then one of them said they were going to go spray it. I thought he was just playing and we all went to the garage and he got it and pulled the pin. Then he sprayed me and my friend and the stuff went in my eyes and mouth but nothing happened to my other friend since he was wearing glasses. I eventually sprayed him back but it only went on the back of his head. The garage looked like there was smoke everywhere and the garage was covered in the powder from the fire extinguisher.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X