Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TonyG
    replied
    That is a good question, and usually the most difficult. I usually say that I'd like to help the company/customers, stuff like that.

Leave a comment:

• Vile
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    With all due respect, that's not a stupid question at all. If you can't think of a good reason they should hire you, then you can't expect them to come up with one.

The strangest question I was ever asked was when I was interviewing for a fairly high level job - Plant Manager of a new polycarbonmate lens production facility. The VP asked me, in a serious tone:

"Why are all manhole covers all over the world always round?"

By the way, that question is actually a very clever one and a good test of a person's reasoning abilities.
    I agree...Asking why they should hire you is definitely not a bad question. Most people I've spoken with ask that, and similar questions like why you want to work there, and so on.

As mentioned above, dress nice, act mature. Just be honest, and think before you the questions. Tell them how you'll be able to help the company, the good things you can bring them, and so on.

@Steve Machol:
    Most manholes are round, because the design makes it so the cover won't fall into the hole
    (A triangle shape would also work, which is why some manholes are triangular shape)

Leave a comment:

• Brad.loo
    replied
    Good link *bookmarks*

Leave a comment:

• Drile
    replied
    Originally posted by Brad.loo
    Because the holes they cover are round?

Or how bout the fact that sqaure covers would break more easly then round ones made the same way.

not trying to be a smart ass, just wondering is all.
    http://www.hispeed.rogers.com/corner...sp?id=am030716

Leave a comment:

• Brad.loo
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    With all due respect, that's not a stupid question at all. If you can't think of a good reason they should hire you, then you can't expect them to come up with one.

The strangest question I was ever asked was when I was interviewing for a fairly high level job - Plant Manager of a new polycarbonmate lens production facility. The VP asked me, in a serious tone:

By the way, that question is actually a very clever one and a good test of a person's reasoning abilities.
    Because the holes they cover are round?

Or how bout the fact that sqaure covers would break more easly then round ones made the same way.

not trying to be a smart ass, just wondering is all.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by merk
    I went for a retail job at the local music store (which i got), and the most stupid question they ask in my experience, is "why should i hire you", make sure you think up a good line to reply to that one.

Leave a comment:

• merk
    replied
    My first job interview was strange. I went for a retail job at the local music store (which i got), and the most stupid question they ask in my experience, is "why should i hire you", make sure you think up a good line to reply to that one.

I was also asked to sell the interviewer his pen, which might not apply to your interview!

Dont be nervous about it, be human.

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    Dress nicely, sell yourself, act mature, strong handshake (limp handshake == bad).

What type of job, specifically? Make sure you know the subject at hand because the interviewer will likely ask you questions about it to guage if you know what you're talking about. Bring a work sample if applicable.

Leave a comment:

• jamslam
    started a topic job interview

job interview

Well, I know I don't post here much, but I read almost every thread in this forum

Basically, I am going for my very first job interview on friday, and I am just wondering what I can do to increase my chances of getting the job (just turning 17 in july, it would be my first job... it's at a movie theatre). Besides of course having good manners and such.

So if any of you could share maybe some mistakes or good things to do at a job interview, so I can increase my changes? That would be great

Thanks for your time.
    -jamslam
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X