Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colicab-d
    replied
    Ooooh pearPc eh? May wanna check out www.neowin.net Filb as theres a leanghty thread other there about testing it, a few folk have osx 10.2 and .3 running on it but im unsure if they completed the install.

Its also only emulating a 10mhz mac i hear

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    It's just an experiment anyway and the software is version 0.1 so I'm not expecting a miracle.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    considering how much faster a PPC actualy runs with half the power of a regular chip id guess so, youd need a very very kickass system to make OSX run like it does nativly

Leave a comment:

• XiXora
    replied
    just to inform you from what i see at neowin... it is VERY VERY slow.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Alcohol 120% might, but after that im out of suggestions :/

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    BlindWrite sees the CD as "CD-ROM, incomplete" and has the Read button disabled, so I am assuming it thinks it is unreadable or corrupt.

Keep em' coming, though.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Blindwrite MIGHT be able to do it, however im not sure.

I know that there are cd copying machines that will do what you want, but they are standalone units as far as i know.

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    But is there any program that simply copies a CD bit-for-bit, ignoring the partition type completely? That is pretty much what I need.

Ironically, if I had a Mac, I could do just that, but what a paradox that is...

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Ive never been able to use windows to read any mac content.

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    Actually it seems so far Nero is understanding the disc: I changed the recorder to the "Image Recorder" and used the wizard for copying a CD. It is saving as a .nrg file, which I hope is effectively the same as an ISO.

edit: The resulting image doesn't seem to be bootable (at least by the emulator). Ideas?

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    started a topic Copying a Mac CD in Windows

Copying a Mac CD in Windows

I have Mac OS X 10.3 from when I had my iBook. I found a Sourceforge project that is in alpha state to run OS X on x86 as an emulator. Obviously, though, I need to install the OS within the emulator, and to do that, I need an ISO image of the install disc (at least install disc 1).

WinISO does not copy it, probably because it is HFS or HFS+ formatted. What software will work for copying it?

(If I'm successful, I'll share the results and link to the emulator, too...it looks very promising)
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X