svchost.exe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• svchost.exe

Well i'm running ZA firewall now. As soon as I run this program this process is trying to access the internet all the time. Is it a safe process? Should I give it access permanently?

Thanks in Advance
    - Dean
    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

SVCHOST.exe is a service host file, you can find more information at http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;250320 - i would give it 100% perminent access

Comment

Yeah I would not worry about the svchost.exe.
      The Junkyard | Terragen Heaven

Comment

Thanks for the info guys ! I have had trouble with viruses and spyware in the last few weeks thanks to a friend who plugged his laptop into mine as a network when I was downstairs. I'm still worried obviously that I may be infected somewhere even though the virus scanners and spyware scanners are saying i'm clean. Not that i've had any symptoms recently but i'm just being cautious. Is it possible that there is a hidden exe somewhere than my virus scanners are not detecting that perhaps svchost.exe could be loading each time I load my computer? *paranoid*
        Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

A good way to find out what specific processes do is to type their names into www.google.com

Comment

you should normally have quite a few svchost.exe running processes at the same time. Depends on what software you use. It's a System process.
            MCSE, MVP, CCIE
            Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

I denied it complete access to the Internet and not had any problems. Denied access by a bunch of default Windows services and programs for security purposes. I mean there is no reason that Windows Explorer needs access to the Internet even if it does use IE components.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X