No announcement yet.

procedure for pirated boards (curious)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• procedure for pirated boards (curious)

i was just wondering what the procedure for pirated boards was.

contact site owner first? server owner? and then ask them to take it off, if they don't, persue further action?

Report pirate vBulletin's here: http://www.vbulletin.com/piracy.php

Comment

Err I know to report. I just am curious about the procedure.

Comment

There's a thread floating around somewhere (gotta find it) but Jelsoft will not disclose the procedure because it is meant to be for only internal purposes only.
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

It's a simple procedure.

KILL! KILL! KILL!

I believe they ask the user, then the host, then their host and shut them down. I've heard the company they use is: http://www.nukepirates.com/
          Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

Ah, thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.loo
              Report pirate vBulletin's here: http://www.vbulletin.com/piracy.php
              a piracy was reported by members of our board since last 1 month.
              more then 50 piracy report.

but no action taken yet.
              neither any replies..

they are competitors. trying to steal members. and this is way too bad. they are doing this using a pirated copy.
              TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Comment

It takes time and cooperation from the hosting companies to shut down sites. Some are more cooperative than others unfortunately.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

File a support ticket, you might be able to get some information on what is being done.

Comment

Sorry, that's not a good idea. We don't comment on what steps are being taken on a specific piracy report. If we started doing this we'd have no time to provide support.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Unfortunatly hosts from some countries don't care and allow sites that use pirate versions of software to stay online. Some even encourage it. Not much you can do if the site is hosted in one of those countries.
                      Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

Working...
                      X