X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vile
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyG
    Nightmare is powerful, but slow and very easy to beat using long-distance attacks. Although he can always cause alot of damage to anyone.

Voldo used by the AI is probably the most annoying character the AI play with in the game. And yes, Ivy is best.
    Nah, he's not annoying, just very versatile. It's so easy to fool oponents, becuase some of his attacks don't land where they look like they should
    He's prob by best character if I had to choose one.

Leave a comment:

• TonyG
    replied
    Nightmare is powerful, but slow and very easy to beat using long-distance attacks. Although he can always cause alot of damage to anyone.

Voldo used by the AI is probably the most annoying character the AI play with in the game. And yes, Ivy is best.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Tilk here

Leave a comment:

• Vile
    replied
    Originally posted by colicab-d
    I use Knightmare (yes the newb character) but in saying that Im able to run rings around folk who play as Talim due to the way in which I change stances and use a combination of dodging and varied low and high attacks, then once i break there block in I go and its a case of juggling the bugger until there dead.

Another good one is stopping short of there attack blocking then using one of Knightmares more unusual throws which see`s you grab them by the feet flip them 180 and then there left open to pummel.

I think it can safely be said that SC2 is awesome in the true sense of the word lol

that and if you can its poss to fight in a way where each player doesnt hit each other but instead fights ala matrix where moves are used to counter moves, i.e one player high attack other player low attack and it works out with no hits no damage but a beautiful dance lol
    Nightmare is definitely a good character, but not one I would pick as often.
    Talim is fast, but very weak. I'd take Taki over her any day.

And you forgot to to mention Voldo & Ivy, a couple of the best characters in the game (If you know how to use them right)

Leave a comment:

• colicab-d
    replied
    I use Knightmare (yes the newb character) but in saying that Im able to run rings around folk who play as Talim due to the way in which I change stances and use a combination of dodging and varied low and high attacks, then once i break there block in I go and its a case of juggling the bugger until there dead.

Another good one is stopping short of there attack blocking then using one of Knightmares more unusual throws which see`s you grab them by the feet flip them 180 and then there left open to pummel.

I think it can safely be said that SC2 is awesome in the true sense of the word lol

that and if you can its poss to fight in a way where each player doesnt hit each other but instead fights ala matrix where moves are used to counter moves, i.e one player high attack other player low attack and it works out with no hits no damage but a beautiful dance lol

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The GC is newer, so it should be more powerful than the DC.
    Using your logic, the PS2 is more "powerful" than the PSX.
    I was just stating fact, a lot of people think of the dreamcast as something to compeat with the cube, ps2, and xbox for some reason.

At any rate im not getting in any kind of aurgument over consoles and games, i've been playing to long to know better .

Leave a comment:

• TonyG
    replied
    I use Ivy mainly. I'm used to long-distance attacks, and it can beat down 75% of the players in the game. There are a few which can exploit this method of attack though (Like Cervantes, but he is still beatable)

Leave a comment:

• Vile
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery
    Charade lets you change your style from battle to battle, plus you need to be good with 99% of the players to use him correctly.
    Bingo...And if you are good with 99% of the players and have mastered them all, it results in complete ownage
    It's hard to play good as him in a tournament because you need to know how to play good with each character, but it's also hard to play against him, since opponents need to know how to fight against the characters he is each turn.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Charade lets you change your style from battle to battle, plus you need to be good with 99% of the players to use him correctly.

Leave a comment:

• Vile
    replied
    Oh boyo u aint even knowing what your in for lol, not only that but I can play on a PS2 as the control layout is exact to GC and since i prefer d-pad to analogue stick its even more natural

But yeah SC2 rules in terms of fighting games, tho in saying that SC is the daddy played it religously on my Dc was the first game I got with my Dremcast

Im deff gonna enter any SC2 tournaments that are about in Glasgow this summer, me and Pip (who I play against 99.5% of the time probs my downfall) but Id love to see how well I could do, SC2 is the only game Ive ever really been able to say that about lol
    Yeah, and I'm thinking the same thing about you

I've entered 3 Soul Calibur 2 tournaments here, and won all of them Most people used their fav. character to play as, but I won the last tourney with Charade.

Anyway, that's the plan, we'll do it next time.

Leave a comment:

• colicab-d
    replied
    Oh boyo u aint even knowing what your in for lol, not only that but I can play on a PS2 as the control layout is exact to GC and since i prefer d-pad to analogue stick its even more natural

But yeah SC2 rules in terms of fighting games, tho in saying that SC is the daddy played it religously on my Dc was the first game I got with my Dremcast

Im deff gonna enter any SC2 tournaments that are about in Glasgow this summer, me and Pip (who I play against 99.5% of the time probs my downfall) but Id love to see how well I could do, SC2 is the only game Ive ever really been able to say that about lol

But yeah Dreamcast for President Yall

Floris did you know that for a short period people were using DC`s to act as server so they could then login to a corporate networks and do there hacky hack ways.No joke!! Though ive been on a site serving from a dremcast plugged into a 1mbit adsl line so.....

Dc`s rock cause of that WinCE platform, making them a little more Homebrew friendly.

Theres Linux for DC along with NetBSD and some other goodies.

If you find any homebrew DC games involving sheep download it!! I cant mind its full name or anything all I know is it involves sheep and is one of the best and least known about homebrew games ever!!
    Last edited by colicab-d; Thu 6 May '04, 9:45am.

Leave a comment:

• Vile
    replied
    Originally posted by Brad.loo
    The Gamecube is far more powerful then the dreamcast, also sega felt their console's just wernt selling, you can't keep making someone no one is buying.
    The GC is newer, so it should be more powerful than the DC.
    Using your logic, the PS2 is more "powerful" than the PSX.

If Vile reads this, you better come over again to the uk some time so I can own you with Knightmare as me and my firend Pip are god liek on it now, as in fuly beaten on Extreme Diff and with full perfects against each character we fought so come on lol
    I didn't do all that well at your place when we played because it was my first time playing Soul Calibur 2 on a GameCube.
    Personally I hate the controller layout for the GC, and was not used to it.
    Next time we play Soul Calibur 2, lets do it on a PS2 or X-Box (or arcade)...Then you get owned big time (I'll even be nice and use Charade)

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Dreamcasts are nice they make good webservers

Leave a comment:

• colicab-d
    replied
    DC was and is an amazing console not only for the games like Soul-Calibur, Powerstone, Shenmue, Quake3, Unreal Tournament, Chu Chu Rocket and even god love it Sega Rally.

Check the underground scene its the first console to get emulators etc www.dcemulation.com not tot mention all the homebrew games from www.boob.co.uk

Ive still got my DC, Keyboard, Mouse and Vmu`s (play snake on your mem card genius!)

Man im gonna go home and play DC now damn you..

But no it was a fab console still is as new games are being made in japan where even today sega still sells dreamcasts.

DC is that console that at the time we all went PAH ****e and a few went hmmm looks fun, but its hip to like DC for the same reason no one liked Van Gogh in his time

Its just got better with age.. so come on Sega announce DC2 with backwards compatibility

@ Zachery I have PSO 2.0 aswell just so you know what your in for im at level 124 with a Ramar and im 370+ hrs into it now about 2million to go up a level yikes, but i have all sorts of good fineds like a spread needle

@ Jerry SC2 is the best Fighter ever no joke and no contest, Namco`s Finest and i take it you play DC soulcalibur well think that but smoother cleaner , even better balanced with new moves, fighting styles etc.

If Vile reads this, you better come over again to the uk some time so I can own you with Knightmare as me and my firend Pip are god liek on it now, as in fuly beaten on Extreme Diff and with full perfects against each character we fought so come on lol
    Last edited by colicab-d; Thu 6 May '04, 6:38am.

Leave a comment:

• TonyG
    replied
    The powerstone games were the best on dreamcast, as well as Shenmue. (Haven't played 2)

I still have mine in the cupboard gathering dust as I haven't played it for ages (thanks to the cube )

Jerry - SC2 on Cube is great. I reccomend you get it, hours of fun. Plus you have link to play with too.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X