• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google shares

Will you be buying any?

I might buy $100 of shares and frame the certificate on my wall

Comment

From what I know they haven't even become available yet, have they?

Comment

Originally posted by sabret00the
        Will you be buying any?
        No.
        TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

i heard they'll be floating via auction when they eventually do :shrug:

Comment

When they do, I'd be definitely interested in aquiring some.

Comment

why not? I even bought the telekom share

(i guess only germans will understand that )
              That's the end of that!

Comment

I will certainly do, I believe that Google has just entered the second generation of search engine / company level and one step ahead of the rest. I am sure this will only double in the next few years. It will be worth wild to invest now and enjoy later.

Comment

Originally posted by sabret00the
                  Will you be buying any?
                  Nope... I hope this is actually the beginning of the end for Google. They have gone down hill in the last year and lost their vision.

They may ride high for a while after their IPO but once they start losing more partners they won't have anything to make a profit on. I would be surprised if they make a profit without Yahoo's millions lining their coffers. Also Microsoft has already set their sites on competing directly with Google.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

How come they have gone downhill for you?
                    Personally I like the search results I am getting, but their filtering is still quite limited.
                    The banners that show up - I wish there was an option to turn that off, because I never use them, but they aren't as obnoxious as other sites, so easy to overlook.
                    Their new features like froogle, gmail and news, image etc is used quite frequently by me now (gmail by review).
                    I used to dislike google, but getting more used to them as previous years and other search engines are horrible to use and just turn me off from using them.

Comment

i heard they'll be floating via auction when they eventually do :shrug:
                      They're using a Dutch auction. More info here:

http://slate.msn.com/id/1002736/
                      Last edited by cirisme; Fri 30 Apr '04, 8:06am. Reason: added quote

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                        How come they have gone downhill for you?
                        Personally I like the search results I am getting, but their filtering is still quite limited.
                        You like searching through spam lists for relevant content? That is all I get with them now. Every result is to some pseudo-search engine providing me a list of arbitrary links and showing Google AdSense.

I used to do hundreds of searches on Google to find products for my retail shop looking for wholesalers. I can't do that now. It is nothing but garbage. With these kinds of results the entire site is worthless to me. I get better results with Alltheweb and Yahoo (now that they have dropped Google).

If you like their results then use them. I can't

Their new features like froogle, gmail and news, image etc is used quite frequently by me now (gmail by review).
                        Froogle gives me the same pathetic results, simply easier to go to Amazon.com. Would never use GMAIL because you can't delete emails and Google not only indexes them but will provide the results of that indexing to their advertisers. They will also most likely be tracking your clicks as well just like they do with the google toolbar. Used the news service once to get notices on the SCO v. IBM lawsuit and it sent me hundreds of rubbish emails with no content. Never looked for images and have no desire to.

Now, I am the opposite. I used to love Google and would refer people to them all the time. Can't do that now.

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Would never use GMAIL because you can't delete emails
                          That's not true...

Comment

Originally posted by cirisme
                            Oh well, they already lost my confidence with previous statements. If it were Microsoft that had made the same statements, there would have been dozens of lawsuits filed immediately. And any new statements would be backtracking.

They should have been more truthful in the beginning. They are not getting any more money from me. I won't click on AdSense ads. I won't use their search engine. I won't use their toolbar. Any of it. I won't even use partner sites of theirs.

That is my choice though and I don't force it on anyone else.

Wayne Luke
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I'm not looking for an argument. I was merely pointing out that you were incorrect in your statement that you can't delete your mail, that's all...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X