No announcement yet.

vBulletin 1.0.x?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was vBulletin ever OpenSource or for free... ?

Just stumbled over this question on vb-g.com - I'd say no.

vB 1.1.x doesn't look bad, http://forum.ingame.de/quake/ is pretty neat
    http://www.mcseboard.de/images/buttons/lastpost.gif www.MCSEboard.de
    German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

vBlite is the only version ever released for free, and it was only released as a demo to insure vBulletin would run on your server.

vBulletin itself has always been visual source and a paid product, and iirc the price is still the same as it was when vBulletin 1.x was released.

Comment

Brings back some memories, when I used to post on some vBulletin 1.x boards.

Has evolved alot since that day.

Comment

yea.. VB has moved on alot. one of my faviorite features of VB is the attachment option. it will be great for my forum once i have it onto VB.

Comment

Why is it that I keep seeing these same topics being posted all the time? Isn't this something like the 1000th "What did vB1 look like" topic we've had in the last year or so? And isn't that also the 3000th "What does the V stand for?" topic?

Maybe these topics should be deleted on sight, with a polite note to use the search feature.

Comment

In all fairness not everyone reads every new post on the forums (unlike me) and they are not aware that this has been discussed before.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X