No announcement yet.

Can't Decide What Card to Get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martz, where did you get that ATI Saphire card? I'm looking for something to replace my TI4600.
    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Scott, can I get your TI4600? I promise I won't call you weird names anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by Kamex
        Edit: One more thing, how would I go about removing every trace of the nvidia drivers from my machine?
        Uninstall any Nvidia/Detonator/FX/whatever stuff via Add/Remove, delete the application folders and do a sweep of the registry with RegCleaner or another registry cleaning application.

By the way, ATI has a trade up program where you can get the card discounted by turning in your current nVidia card that you might want to consider, being that my current graphics card is the first that I have used which wasn't intergraded, I couldn't tell you whether or not it is a good idea.

Originally posted by rockergrrl
        A lot of games are are being developed now, don't even support ATI cards. The're built solely around nVidia.
        There are no games that I know of that require an nVidia card unless you count nVidia's demos (the dawn demo is sweet on my ATI card, lol).

Comment

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.ph...&highlight=ATI
          http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.ph...&highlight=ATI

I think this should be considered a real issue from now on. Almost everyone with Radeon cards have problems with PJ64. Almost everyone with Radeons have problems with Blender too, and i can imagine, a large number of apps. It's a driver problem, and changing bitdepth isnt gonna help. This is gonna remain a problem 'till eiter the PJ64 team makes a hack, or until ATI makes one.. (that seems to be their way of fixing problems in the drivers... making a little hack for every app that acts up.. and I don't think Blender or PJ64 is high priority..):
          This emulator is my favorite program, and there are a large number similar threads. This makes things a bit more difficult...

Edit: I checked on my second favorite program, Doomday's site. I get complaints of a similar nature.
          Last edited by Kamex; Mon 26 Apr '04, 2:15pm.

Comment

Using that in conjunction with ROM files from the internet is illegal.

Comment

I own real copies of the games I play, I just think it looks WAYYY better on the emulator.

Comment

The only time roms are illegal is if you do not own the game

Comment

Originally posted by Kamex
                  I own real copies of the games I play, I just think it looks WAYYY better on the emulator.
                  Downloading it is illegal even if you own it (probably why running/downloading/having a Windows Corporate or cracked version from Kazaa is still illegal even if you own Windows XP), the only legal ROMs are the ones you extract yourself.

Comment

No, ive done my reasearch in this area, if you own a copy of the game it is legal to have one backup of it, since you legaly own the game you can leagaly own the rom.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                      No, ive done my reasearch in this area, if you own a copy of the game it is legal to have one backup of it, since you legaly own the game you can leagaly own the rom.
                      I agree, you can legally own the ROM but how you get the ROM can change the legality.

Comment

How did we all suddenly switched to ROM's after the 3'rd page
                        @[email protected]

Comment

Yea, let's get back to the topic.

My friend says he has the emulator too and recieved no problems. He owns the EXACT card I will be getting, so I'm not worried about this anymore.

I'm going to call Dell and ask if my computer will be able to support the card. Most likely it can, because a guy on the internet with my exact computer got my exact card and had no problems. It seems like an unnessisary step, but I need to be cautious.

We'll be purchasing the card on friday. On Saturday, my friend will come and install it for me. I will not be allowed to turn the quality up on my programs until my birthday the next day.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X