Help with internet explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with internet explorer

Every time IE opens a new window or I click a link in AIM, IE opens in a small window. but it opens maximized when I click the shortcut for it in my desktop or keyboard. does anyone know how to make IE open maximized?

Thanks

EDIT: IE 6 SP1
    Last edited by rnawky; Mon 19 Apr '04, 1:16pm.

anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by rnawky
      anyone?
      Hmm, maybe once it's opened in a small window, maximize it, and then close the window manually (File-->Close)

Doing this in similar cases usually tells it to save those settings.
      Webmaster / Administrator
      www.MegaGames.com
      www.MGForums.com

Comment

Hi rnawky

Not 100% sure this will work, but it's the best suggestion yet...

With only 1 instance of IE open, resize this window to the size you want all other windows to open at. Click on a link that will force IE to open a new window (you can also do this by right clicking on any link here then 'open in new window').

Then close all IE windows, launch IE and it should be OK...
        John

Comment

I'll be the one who is legally bound to say it: or use Firefox.
          --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
          Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
          vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
            I'll be the one who is legally bound to say it: or use Firefox.
            Or just not reply if you have nothing useful to say.

Yes, FireFox is actually pretty damn good, but it has nothing to do with his question.

Give it a rest.
            www.MegaGames.com
            www.MGForums.com

Comment

ok well when I click a link that popups a new window, it will popup the window with a small size. if i resize that popup window, then close it, and click the link again, it will popup with the new size. but when i maximize the window, it wont stay maximized next time i click a link that opens a new window

Comment

Ahh, I know just what to do.

http://mozilla.com
                Pluh.com (random nonsense) - Psychostick.com (my stupid band) - Collectiveunderground.com (AZ local music site) - Evacuatechicago.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kayn
                  Ahh, I know just what to do.

http://mozilla.com
                  ok look da*nit if i wanted another browser i would have asked. you dont see me tellign everyone here to switch to another forum because vB doesnt work. I need help not a bumch of idiots directing me to other software.
                  Last edited by rnawky; Tue 20 Apr '04, 12:03pm.

Comment

Originally posted by rnawky
                    ok look da*nit if i wanted another browser i would have asked. you dont see me tellign everyone here to switch to another forum because vB doesnt work. I need help not a bumch of idiots directing me to other software.
                    I know what you mean. People love to turn every thread into old clichéd arguments all the time, and don't ever bother with any useful replies.

Above, you mentioned that when you resize to a new size, and click the link again, it does retain it's new size, but not when maximized...Can you resize it so it's near the size it would be when it's maximzed, and use that?

Does this happen only with AIM?
                    Last edited by Vile; Tue 20 Apr '04, 12:11pm.
                    www.MegaGames.com
                    www.MGForums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vile
                      I know what you mean. People love to turn every thread into old clichéd arguments all the time, and don't ever bother with any useful replies.

Above, you mentioned that when you resize to a new size, and click the link again, it does retain it's new size, but not when maximized...Can you resize it so it's near the size it would be when it's maximzed, and use that?

Does this happen only with AIM?
                      No, it happens when i click a link that opens a new window or shift-click a link to open it in a new window.

Comment

Close all windows, explorer and IE, and then open one, get it set how you want, toolbars, size, etc, then either close it properly or ctrl-X - it wills screw up again because some pop up or website will screw with you and you will be leaving, and the last thing that gets closed is small pop unders - hence leaving windows thinking thats what you want.

You can also, for something like in the quick launch, right click on it, and go to properties and change run to maximized, anytime you click that at least it will open full size.

Comment

By CTRL X I mean the little x in the top right of the browser, not X on your keyboard (ctrl x on the keyboard is cut)

Comment

Originally posted by Zecherieh
                            Close all windows, explorer and IE, and then open one, get it set how you want, toolbars, size, etc, then either close it properly or ctrl-X - it wills screw up again because some pop up or website will screw with you and you will be leaving, and the last thing that gets closed is small pop unders - hence leaving windows thinking thats what you want.
                            Yeah, that's what I was getting at too...Resizing the window to the size you want it, and properly closing it. (File-Close) This method has worked for me in the past as well.
                            www.MegaGames.com
                            www.MGForums.com

Comment

when i close IE it will remember the size of the window, but, when i maximize it, it wont open it maximized when i click a link.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X