• Show
Clear All

• Mike Sullivan
    replied
    I think this has run its course...

Leave a comment:

• daemon
    replied
    I think the way IPB is using the exact same icon and name as Apple is what is going to bite them in the butt!
    Indeed.. I downloaded the 2.0 pre-release thing to see what it was like, and it's full of copywritten graphics from Mac OS X. But, they may have gotten permission or something.. 'ya never know.

Leave a comment:

• dynamite
    replied
    I don't see what the big deal is about it. All it is basically is an anchor. It wouldn't take much of an idea to come up with that. I think the way IPB is using the exact same icon and name as Apple is what is going to bite them in the butt!

Leave a comment:

• CeleronXT
    replied
    Originally posted by AaronGamer
    I do not think they would get mad at all. What will that accomplish ?
    There's no question whatsoever that everyone at the IPB community forums would be very angry and would absolutely have a field day with it.
    Originally posted by HappyPike
    nice idea.

InvisionBoard is pretty nice forum, consideirng it's free. Don't know if it's their server or not, but loading is very fast.
    It's generally quite fast everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• Thunderfall
    replied
    nice idea.

InvisionBoard is pretty nice forum, consideirng it's free. Don't know if it's their server or not, but loading is very fast.

Leave a comment:

• kanezfan
    replied
    Originally posted by assassingod
    Let's hope IPB do get in trouble over the image and name, then vBulletin will have less competition
    what a stupid thing to say. don't you know competition is a good thing? I mean what if all sports teams just decided to stop playing, woud that be good? Imagine if there were only one company making forum software, how much would it cost you? Probably thousands of dollars. Look at Microsfot ffs. I'm glad IPB is nipping at vB's heels, and I hope they continue to. Otherwise, without competition, your forum software would be as basic as vb .01. Capitalism works baby!

Leave a comment:

• AaronGamer
    replied
    Originally posted by rnawky
    im just saying, for the few days i've been a member here looking at posts, i noticed people are mad at invision for taking vB's ideas. so I would find it funny if vB uses this and Invision gets all pissed off at vB for taking there ideas. Better yet, if vB uses the SAME icon (whitch if they used this idea they would make there own icon since it doesnt match the theme) i would like to see how mad invision gets
    I do not think they would get mad at all. What will that accomplish ?

Leave a comment:

• rnawky
    replied
    im just saying, for the few days i've been a member here looking at posts, i noticed people are mad at invision for taking vB's ideas. so I would find it funny if vB uses this and Invision gets all pissed off at vB for taking there ideas. Better yet, if vB uses the SAME icon (whitch if they used this idea they would make there own icon since it doesnt match the theme) i would like to see how mad invision gets

Leave a comment:

• tgillespie
    replied
    Originally posted by rnawky
    but watch now, when vB tales Invisions idea of this, they will get pissed off
    I don't see vBulletin adding it to their release. It will be released on vB.org if not here. It isn't that special either.

Leave a comment:

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    Originally posted by ManagerJosh
    I say we stop bashing IPB and congratulate the IPB team for coming up with an original idea that vBulletin 3.0 didn't have.
    vBulletin didn't have it first, Safari did.

Leave a comment:

• KeithMcL
    replied
    Just to clarify my post, I didn't mean to endorse stealing ideas

Using other peoples ideas for inspiration is perfectly acceptable though

But using that icon is blatant stealing.

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    Yep thats the quote

Though in this day and age stealing ends up in courts with law suits.

Leave a comment:

• KeithMcL
    replied
    Originally posted by Nitesh
    Personally I dont really care who steals whos ideas because its always going to happen to everyone (eg UBB will be saying the same about VB). I just care about which final product is better and from what I seen IPB 2 looks very promising.
    What's that famous quote by Pablo Picasso?

Good artists copy, great artists steal.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by ManagerJosh
    Huh??? O_o"
    I say we stop bashing IPB ...

I agree with that.

Leave a comment:

• Nitesh
    replied
    Personally I dont really care who steals whos ideas because its always going to happen to everyone (eg UBB will be saying the same about VB). I just care about which final product is better and from what I seen IPB 2 looks very promising.

Leave a comment: