No announcement yet.

dreamweaver...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if I get dreamweaver,do I still need a ftp client to make it easier right, or is a ftp client built in?

Comment

Originally posted by FarStar
      if I get dreamweaver,do I still need a ftp client to make it easier right, or is a ftp client built in?
      IIRC it's built in, but there's a lot of options I believe. Best to get a separate FTP client, they're all pretty basic and all do the same job.

Comment

I hope you don't pirate it since it is a $400 client. Unless you are a designer it is not worth to buy it. 1st page is a great tool in general and it is free!
        Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

Each to his own on whether they like Dreamweaver or not, but I do. Dreamweaver MX 2004 is the best HTML editor I've used (both in code view and WYSIWYG view). There is no substitute for first learning HTML and writing it for years, but for those of us who know the language well and develop more and more complex designs, it is better to use a WYSIWYG editor and then tweak the code by hand.
          --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
          Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
          vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

GoLive is not a terrible WYSIWYG editor either (don't know how CS is as I haven't upgraded). I used to not like Dreamweaver (the pre-MX days), but the more I use it the more I like it. Both have their good points and their bad points.

Comment

I've used the built in FTP client and prefer it to everything else out there. The only FTP client I would switch to would be Internet Explorer when Microsoft fixes the issues its built in FTP browser has.

Comment

I found that golive CS was too slow and bulky.
                Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Stay away from webmonkey - it teaches you to use depecrated HTML. Read the specs on w3.org and handcode in a decent text editor (UltraEdit or EditPlus).

Comment

Originally posted by LeeCHeSSS
                    Stay away from webmonkey - it teaches you to use depecrated HTML. Read the specs on w3.org and handcode in a decent text editor (UltraEdit or EditPlus).
                    the webmonkey team was fired a while ago by lycos, so i wouldn't advice going there anyway.

in regards to the original post, dreamweavers cool, i handcode in it and enjoy quickly previewing what i've done.

Comment